Happy 2012, everyone! See how amazing I am at blogging our life lately?! ;) Christmas was great. My kids were spoiled rotten by family and friends. We had a great break and really enjoyed one another!! New Years was fun and we spent the evening with Clint's family. Then brought in the New Year, watching the ball drop on my bed. It was great! The kids went back to school on Monday and I have had a few days off. I didn't mind working through the break this year. It was nice.
My goofy Mom, got me to thinking about having a theme instead of a resolution for this new year. So, I have decided that my theme for 2012 is, "Be the CHANGE you WISH to see in the WORLD"! I figured this could go for all things. Changes at home, changes personally, changes at work, etc... I hope I can embrace this theme and make 2012 super awesome for us.
Again, I have had to put my love of blogging on the back burner. I am starting another semester of college. Thank you, to those of you, who have encouraged me along the way. This is a huge endeavour for me. One that I know will pay off in the end. It's been super stressful juggling it all, but I am so grateful for education. I always have been. That is why I love to teach the little ones--education starts so early. And the foundations we create in preschool will benefit children for the rest of their lives. With that said I am looking forward to continuing my education and hoping this semester will be as rewarding as last.
Some exciting things have already happened in 2012. Clint and I both received new callings in our ward. (Which we are loving by the way--and I love being in a neighborhood and not on the main street!!) He will be teaching primary and I finally get a break! Not that I didn't love primary, because I do. It's just the only calling I have ever had. I am in the RS, as the assistant coordinator, of Compassionate Services. I am really looking forward to getting to know the sisters in our new ward. I really feel blessed to be able to have this calling. And have been assured through prayer and blessings that this is what I need to be doing for our Savior. I am so grateful that the Lord knows our needs, I need a calling like this, I have a hard time getting involved. I can't even begin to tell you how thrilled I am though. This calling is going to allow me to still juggle my already very hectic life, but be able to serve him.
With that said, I have experienced another once in a lifetime thing. (Well I think it's once in a lifetime!) I spent the majority of my childhood in Football Country. I grew up loving the game, was on the sidle lines cheering, and spent many hours devoted in football parties! My Dad has had me watching the Michigan Wolverines since I can remember. Football is in our blood. Living in Virginia, we had the opportunity to do many things with Virginia Tech. My Dad was the Institute Coordinator for CES on campus and I had many other school activities at the college. I grew to love the Virginia Tech Hokies and LOVED watching them play football. Both schools are in different conferences, so never in a million did I think they would play each other. Well this past Tuesday those teams faced off in the Sugar Bowl. It was crazy to watch and we had mixed emotions watching our two favorite teams go head to head. And, it was another excuse to throw a party! So party, we did! Michigan ended up winning by 3 points, after an intense overtime. I can't feel sad about it, I love that team. BUT I do feel the Hokies deserved that win. We ate sooo much food, I am afraid to step on the scale. It was a great way to start the New Year.
Well, everyone, remember if I don't post pictures here--I always do on facebook. It's just easier for me right now. So swing by and catch up with us there if I don't get blogging right away!
HAPPY NEW YEAR!!
Thursday, January 5, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I love your Mom's idea of having a theme for the new year.
You are so amazing. School, work, family, church. You are doing an amazing job with everything!
Post a Comment