Saturday, October 30, 2010

Wal-Mart

Okay so this is one of my, "I need to vent posts". I went to Wal-Mart today to have an item price matched, because I didn't have a chance to make it out to Roberts Crafts. (It's so far away). I get to the checkout so excited that I am finally going to get the Cricut Design Studio, even though I have to wait until Christmas to have it, I was finallllly going to get it. She rings it up, and has to have the CSR (customer service rep) come over to approve it. I guess if you price match over $5.00, they have to approve it. He walks over looks at everything, then tells me, "We don't price match Roberts Crafts." I was like what?? Apparently they are a specialty store, and it's too expensive to price match their store. So then she re-rings it up and tells me, so your total is $65.00. I was like..um, no I don't want it now. I will wait until it goes on sale again, and drive to Roberts. So then I get on-line to look up the "Official Price Matching Rules". So here they are:
•We do honor "Preferred Shopping Card" advertised prices. Must be like items, be advertised and require a competitor's shopping card, for the discount to apply.
•We do not honor advertisements that require a purchase in order to receive the advertised price or free product.
•We do not honor "Buy One / Get One Free" advertisements.
•We do not honor double or triple coupons or percent off advertisements.
•We do not honor other retailers' "Misprinted" advertised prices.
•We do not honor Internet Pricing.
•We do not honor competitor advertisements from outside of the store's or Club's local trade territory.
Well maybe I am dumb, but it says nothing about a specialty store in there at all! Ugh, Wal-Mart!

No comments: