Friday, January 14, 2011

???

I am not sure what to title this post, but I figured it would probably be good to document this experience. Not sure why. Maybe to look back one day and be grateful. I think I will write about this experience weekly.
It's been 2 days since we found out Clint lost his job. Oh my, there has been some drama! Clint is feeling very frustrated, and I don't think he quite knows what to think/do. The "drama" I am referring to has nothing to do with Clint. It's just interesting seeing, no hearing...how things are playing out at the Ranch.
Since all of this has started (in November)...Clint has applied for at least 10-12 jobs. None of them have called. In the past 2 days he has applied for 2 more, and we are hoping one of them come through. He was able to talk to someone within the state JJS (Juvenile Justice System), and was approved to take the Counselor Test the next time it comes open. (Which the inside source said will be soon.) That doesn't guarantee him a job, and more then likely he wont get one...but it is a step in the right direction.
Unemployment has already been fun... I'm not sure if it's the 4+ hours waiting on hold to talk to someone, or if it's the fact that Clint's in school so his unemployment has to be "audited". By "audited", I mean approved. I am not sure I completely understand all the rules they have. I mean...they want us to go to school...so we have careers, better lifestyles, so later on down the road we don't have to work "Dead End Jobs". But because Clint is trying to do that, we may not be approved for unemployment. Hmm?! Obviously we need to have it too. I mean we have young children, bills, expenses, things that have to be taken care of.
I have been able to pick up some extra hours at work, but it isn't consistent hours. It's just whatever extra they may have, I may be able to work them. (If teachers call in sick, or want to leave early, etc...) It's hard for me--I already feel like my home is falling apart. I know it isn't, it's just a little stressed. The kids are picking up on stuff...Addy had a 5 minute "Phone Conversation" today. She said, "Do you have a job?--No.--Daddy needs a job.--Well I have a job.--Okay, bye!" It's amazing what they pick up on.
In good news, my brother A.J. did find a job. He is working as a temp to hire at Autoliv. It's hard-- he goes to school, goes strait to work, gets home late, and goes to bed. I think it will take some adjusting for him, but I am glad he has something. It doesn't pay much, but enough for his bills/expenses. My Dad has also had a little better luck. He has a job interview with a Company in West Virginia. They are flying him out on Wednesday for an interview. Hopefully that will bring him some good news. However, I really don't want my Dad to leave Utah without me! Just kidding, sort of! Not to mention the kids have loved Clint being here, and he did put away all the laundry this week. :)
We are trying to stay positive, and up beat. We know we have lot's of love, and support. I truly feel bad for Clint. It was hard to see all of this happen to him. He loved working with the youth, and is really bummed. He is disappointed knowing he will (more then likely) go back to something outside of his field. I hope none of you are thinking that I am complaining when I write these posts, it just keeps me sain to be able to put it out there. Journal it, and vent it out of my system. This will be an experience for sure, and I am sure there is an important life lesson here somewhere. It reminds me of something someone told me once, "Sometimes we have trials for ourselves, and sometimes we go through trials because of others." I am grateful to those of you have text, or sent messages. I appreciate you all!

4 comments:

Claudy said...

Please let me know if you need anything :).

Malinda said...

I'm so sorry! We're sending prayers your way.

Dani said...

Celeste, you are such a strong and positive person. I'm so sorry that your family is going through this. You will be in my thoughts and prayers.

Rachael said...

I am sorry I had no idea...I hope things are looking up for you guys. Let me know if there is anything we can do.