Monday, January 25, 2010

Letting go, and giving back!

I’m not one to make New Year’s Resolutions. I find that I only stick with them for a week or so, then I am right back to my old habits. Although, I did think about some new challenges, and goals I should set for myself, and my family this year. I have a little bit of OCD. Especially when it comes to the way my house looks, and is organized. I can stress myself out so badly over the dumbest things. So I did some deep thinking, and realized that a lot of my stress comes from not being able to keep up with everything around the house. So I decided a new goal for myself would be to let go of some of “my” household chores. I know I have needed to do this for a while, but I think sometimes I get so busy-- it’s easier to do it myself then teach the kids how to do it. Well this past weekend we worked really hard on learning how to do the kitchen chores. My kids have done small things here or there in the kitchen, and they do have their own chores they do daily. We just worked on some “deeper cleaning things”. I must say I have enjoyed it so much. 001 (Washing &rinsing & drying dishes!) 002 003 (Sweeping & mopping!)004

(Cleaning & Wiping the table & chairs & walls!)

I really feel like I am giving back to them too. They complain, and don’t really want to do it. I know in the long run-- they will appreciate this. Learning cooperation, life skills, and responsibility. I remember washing dishes with my Dad at such an early age (2 to be exact…no I am not kidding). I am grateful for all he taught me when it comes to maintaining a home. I love my little family! I am so glad I get the privilege to be their Mom. ♥

No comments: