I know I have mentioned it before, but I will say it again. I have a little bit of OCD. Especially, when it comes to the way my home looks. That's my father's fault. :) So the idea to re-do my living room was all inspired by my OCD and this:
A 50" plasma T.V. Well we have been watching the adds--more for fun then anything else. When one Sunday.... there it was... a 50" on sale for $669.00. Oh, let me tell you this...I stewed, and stewed about this for days!! Then at the last minute I decided they probably wouldn't get much cheaper then that. Then after some price matching, and negotiating I got another $20.00 knocked off the price. It isn't "THE BEST" that's out there. I really love it though. And oh, how I love watching Grey's Anatomy in High DEF. ;) Anyway, back to the story. Well the T.V. inspired this:
Taking the upstairs living room furniture downstairs, and the downstairs furniture upstairs. Because we have this nice T.V. to watch now, we need comfy furniture to sit upon! Now... no offense to my parents...the other set of furniture was theirs...and I have now inherited it. But after like 10-15 yrs. that couch isn't so comfy anymore. So here was my next issue (yes this is what my brain does) The living room was painted to coordinate with the green couch. I loved the living room walls. My friend, and I painted them with a grocery sack. It was sooo much fun. It turned out really pretty too. It just didn't work with the other furniture.
(Here is a close up)
So I decided we were going to re-paint. I had a 5 gallon bucket of white paint sitting downstairs in storage. That had maybe a cup full used from it. So I figured in the effort to "pinch pennies" we would use that. It was still in great condition. So I only spent $14.00 for primer. We worked until 2:00 am on Saturday Priming. If you have kids, and have ever tried painting while they around, completely understand why.
We tried to do a bit of touch up spots too.
Well we finished painting, and got the living room all put back together by 6:30 on Saturday evening. So here are the "After" pictures. My mother's day curtains are hung. YAY!! I think they look wonderful. So far they have kept the room really dim from all the sunlight too! Plus, I thought ahead. The match the cream in the both sets of furniture too. So if I ever change my mind....well we wont have to get new curtains. ;)
I am really happy with the way it turned out. I think it looks very nice. Now, all I need is a new rug...and a new front door! Our front door has some serious issues! It's cracking, and it just looks icky!! So if anyone sees a 36"x79" exterior door please let us know. We are in the market to buy one.

1 comment:
I LOVE the new look in your living room. That is a lot of work, but it looks AWESOME!
Post a Comment