Sunday, May 9, 2010

♥Mother's Day♥

Mother's Day Thoughts...
I am so grateful to be a mother. I know their are several women out there who don't get this opportunity. It isn't an easy job. I sometimes wonder...if I am really doing a good job...have I made a difference for them...am I teaching them correctly...?? I think about all the responsibility that comes from being a Mom, and sometimes get so overwhelmed. This year has flipped our little family into utter craziness- since Daddy is only here 1/2 the week. I can't imagine having to do this alone all the time!! I have developed a new appreciation for those single Mom's out there. I think through cleaning the crayon off the wall, changing diapers, cleaning up potty training accidents, doing the dishes, laundry, cooking dinner, helping with homework, being the family taxi, accountant, doctor, and all else that implies...I wouldn't change it for the world. I am grateful that the Lord has given this blessing to women. To be able to have children. I know that I have a bond with my children, that is so special, and so unique. They fill my days with so much joy. They don't even know. It's because of those children that I get to be a Mother, the greatest gift in the world.
I was woken up not by breakfast in bed, or gifts galore, but by a phone call from my brother. :) We didn't talk long, but I was glad to hear he is doing well. He has lived with me for as long as I can remember. So I feel in a way I have raised him, and helped him achieve his goals. It was really nice to hear from him.
Shortly after I was greeted with a surprise from Preston. He made me a book at school. It was wonderful. He even drew me skinny! :) This page was my favorite.It says, "I wode not no wat to do if I last hur." I love first grade writings. He means, "I would not know what to do if I lost her." It brings tears to my eyes to see my 7 yr. old writing that. I hope he always feels this way. I did get lots of little cards earlier in the week from the other kids. Things they made me at preschool. Then my big present was energy efficient curtains for our living room. We are re-painting, and I don't have curtain rods yet...but we will get them hung up. I have become a little obsessed with saving energy, and reducing our power costs in our home. As well as, trying to help our environment. I don't do a fantastic job at this...but I have done lots of research about these curtains. So I am hoping they were for real. We have huge living room windows. They let in SO much heat in the summer. So, I am really hoping this will help. I appreciate Clint for letting me spend a little extra to get them. I did get breakfast made special to my order. :) French Toast. Yummy!!
Then I tried to capture a nice picture with the greatest kids ever. That was about near impossible. So I settled for this one.
And some kisses of course!
Thank you to my beautiful children who give me this opportunity to be a Mother. I am honored to have that title. I hope you will know the love I have for each one of you. I hope that as you grow older we will stay close, and develop wonderful relationships.

No comments: