For some reason I just can’t seem to get blogging this Summer! So here is a little bit of a catch up for us! School ended and we jumped right into Summer Break! For us Summer Break this year means; School Age Summer Camp, Field Trips, and Water Days. Most of our Summer will be spent that way—but so far it has been wonderful! Tyson is also going to Summer School this summer. He didn’t have to go, but my Mom is teaching it. He has been having lots of fun! I just can’t seem to get him there on time.
I have been trying to spend as much time as possible with my Step-Mom and my “Stepies” (Hahah—my step siblings) before they join my Dad in West Virginia. We met up at the beginning of June at The Pizza Pie Cafe. If any of you are in Utah County or visiting that way….I recommend eating there. It’s pretty yummy! They have a dessert pizza that is made with Oreo Cookies. I love it! Gross, huh? Ahhhh. Simple pleasures!
That same weekend was The Ferguson side Family Reunion. It’s always fun to get together with family. Grandma and Grandpa Ferguson wanted a picture with all of their grandkids. Which was pretty funny!! Trying to get 12 kids to look at the camera at once—very entertaining. I snapped a bunch and ended up getting some cute ones! We were also down that weekend to see our niece, Shannon, be blessed. That was so fun to get to spend time with them. The night before the blessing Clint’s brother, Lance, thought it would be fun to go to the 10:30 showing of X-Men. Well it was a blast! I love spending time with them. And I really liked the movie. However, having been up that late…then get 4 kids up and ready for church was a chore! Totally worth it, though!
On June 8th…Clint and I celebrated our 10 year Anniversary! Wow…looking back it doesn’t seem that long. We decided since I didn’t end up going to Virginia we would splurge and get a room at Anniversary Inn. Clint really made it a special anniversary. He had flowers delivered to me at P.F. Changs. (that’s where we ate dinner.) He spoiled me rotten with lots of little gifts. We stayed in the Mountain Getaway Room. Which was really nice. We walked around Temple Square and reminisced about our wedding day. It was really fun! And such a nice break from the kids.
I took time off from work and was able to spend time with the kids after our anniversary trip. We went to Rio, at the cheap theater. (It was cute!) We also decided since the house is up for sale we wouldn’t put the pool up. We opted for a slip and slide and we spent Saturday splish-splashin’ with that!
Two days before Father’s Day I found out my Dad was on his way to Utah. It’s bittersweet! He is here to pack up his wife, the stepies, and their home. They are headed back to live in West Virginia. I am so excited for them and there new opportunities, but so sad my Dad will not be close. Everyone laughs and tells me to “Cut my apron strings!” I am just so close to my Dad. Even though he will shortly be leaving I got to spend Father’s Day with him! We BBQ-ed at our house, talked, laughed, and spent time with him. (I am sorry—but I skipped church to hang out with him.) My kids adore him! I am so grateful that I have had such an awesome Dad in my life!
The kids also showered their Dad with homemade gifts and a new work shirts. Clint and the boys spent a long time playing at Toads yesterday, too. They really love their Dad.
So for the other crazy news… we have submitted an offer on a house. It is about 10 minutes south-ish of where we live now. It’s a short sale home and unfortunately they take a little longer for processing. We should know within 8 weeks if the bank has accepted our offer and if this will be our home. The kids will have to change schools, but not school districts. We are really praying this is the house we will get. If not we know there is one out there for us.
I will try to keep up with my blogging a little better…this week alone we have some fun things happening! Like Kaitlon turning 2!!! I hope everyone is having a ROCKIN’ summer! :D

4 comments:
I'm having the same problem. It is hard to find time to blog when you are too busy playing. I guess it is a good thing. It looks like you are having a great summer!
Does your dad have a West Virginia license plate yet? That and Rhode Island are the only ones that we didn't find on our trip and the kids are a bit obsessed. We went to Smith and Edwards yesterday and they were scanning all of the cars in the parking lot. :)
wow you guys have been busy!! i am so sad that you are leaving the ward. but i am so happy for you that you found a house. i know it has been a journey for you and your family the last year or so.
I'm glad you updated your blog. I've been missing your posts, but I don't blame you for playing rather than blogging! Summer is fun! Good luck with the house!
I know it will be hard hving your Dad across the country. Hopefully it will give you an excuse to visit the east coast!!
Your kids are so gorgeous. I love the photos on your header.
Post a Comment