Friday, July 1, 2011

Finally!

I was beginning to believe that Preston would never lose a tooth on his own! He is 8 1/2. He has had teeth pulled by a dentist, but has never had a loose tooth. So I was thrilled when he finally got one. He worked on it wiggling...for days...weeks...months....! Then I realized that his adult tooth was coming in behind the baby tooth. I wasn't thrilled about that. So I cracked down on his tooth wiggling business. It took a couple more weeks, but he finally let got me pulling it. That's a funny story. Got time to hear it? Of course you do.
So it was way loose. He would not let anyone touch it. He couldn't eat. He was crying. Oh, it was a nightmare. So one day after school I said to him "Let me pull it." Of course the reply was a big fat "NO!". The next day we met my mom for Chinese food. We beat her to the restaurant. So I held Preston down and pulled it out. In my car. The car was shaking. He was screaming. I was yelling back. Thank goodness no one called CPS.
(That is sweet and sour sauce on his face. Not blood.)
I felt so terrible about the whole thing that I bought him a wii game. Then I thought...Crap, what's the tooth fairy gonna bring? One wii game and $1.00 (from the tooth fairy) later--his tooth is finally gone!

2 comments:

Lauren in GA said...

I am glad nobody called CPS, too ☺!!

At first I did think that was blood not sweet and sour sauce.

Congrats, Preston!!

Malinda said...

I thought it was blood too. :) 8 1/2 years is a long time to wait to get a loose tooth!