Friday, February 13, 2009

How to make Valentine's Mice

Hello friends! Today was Preston's Valentine's Day Party in his Kindergarten class. I am one of the room mom's--and today I got to do the craft for the party. I thought this was a fun, easy, and quick project, and I just thought I would share. The supplies needed are: 2 hershey kisses, a paper heart (aprox. 1 inch), 1 very small pom pom, 2 small googlie eyes, and tacky glue. The only prep I did for this project is cutting out the hearts, and cutting off the Hershey Kiss tag on one of the candies.


I had the kids start by gluing one of the Hershey Kisses to the paper heart. Then letting the paper rest against the Hershey kiss...I had the kids glue the second Hershey Kiss to the heart. I gave them a couple minutes to set up. Next, we took a little dot of glue and glued the small pom pom to the top of the Hershey Kiss without the tag. Last, we glued two tiny dots on the Hershey Kiss to apply the googlie eyes.

We allowed them to dry for about 3-5 minutes. I entertained them by having them come up with names for their mice, thinking of what their mice might eat, where they need to live, etc... Like I said, it was a real quick and easy Valentine's project.

This is what the finishing project looks like!! Have fun and enjoy creating your own Valentine's Day Mouse!! Happy Valentine's Day!! :)







1 comment:

Lauren in GA said...

Such cute little mice!!!!!!!

Your children are adorable!!!!!! It is so fun to see how everyone's families have grown!

Thanks for leaving me a comment! You are a sweetheart!