Saturday, February 21, 2009

Our Trip To Hardware Ranch

We took a trip to Hardware Ranch today. The kids had a lot of fun! Grandpa likes to take them out to explore nature. It was amazing to see all of the Elk. The Rancher told us there 540 Elk in the meadow today. He also shared that one male Elk can breed enough female Elk to have anywhere from 10-50 Elk babies. Phew! Can you even Imagine?!? They also shared that the average size of a newborn Elk is 35lbs. I am grateful I don't have to carry something that heavy!! We really had a good time. We love the drive, and the beautiful Utah scenery. We were glad that my Dad invited us to come along.
Some Elk...eating some hay. They will use 300 tons (I think that's what they said--it was that or 30 tons) of that stuff this year to feed the Elk. Crazy!

David, Preston, Dad, and Mary.


The kiddies...Andrea, Nicole, Addyson, Tyson, Jaida, Preston, and Jaxson.



2 comments:

Lauren in GA said...

Okay, I know this has nothing to do with your post (though I did enjoy it) but I cannot get over that David is all grown up!!!!!!!! He is a man!!! I can't belive it!!!

Celeste Ferguson said...

i know. he grewed up to fast! lol!!