Sunday, January 31, 2010

Potty Training Blues

So here we ago again!!! It's time to start the potty training. I don't know why, but I can't get excited about it. So I have decided I have the potty training blues! :( I just don't want to go through the hustle! I want her to magically just start going. So anyway I am starting to prepare her. We pulled out all the potty books, got her a cooshy tooshy potty seat, and bought some panties. I think it just took so long to potty train my boys, that I am nervous about her! Right now is the perfect time though...it isn't busy summer time, she is home with Clint for part of the week. I guess I just need a game plan, and some organization. Has anyone out there ever tried that 3 day potty training thing? Did it work for you? Addyson is very smart. I am not worried that she wont figure out how to do it. My worries are...is she still too little? and Is her stubborn personality going to keep her from doing it, because it isn't what she wants!?! (Well not all the time) Let me tell you about this past weekend. On Friday evening I was changing her diaper. About an hour later she said, "I need to go potty." I said okay let's do it! I put her on the potty, and she sat there until she actually went pee-pee. I rewarded her with an M&M. Then I put panties back on her. Until bedtime. Yesterday, she refused the panties, and wanted to wear a diaper. Well later in the day she came upstairs butt naked. I asked her, "Addy where are your clothes?" she said, "I took them off." So I went downstairs, to find her clothes off in the bathroom, and her diaper in the trash can. (she had pooped in the diaper, and thrown it away.) I guess I just needed to vent! Potty training is exhausting! Please if anyone has ideas share!! :)

2 comments:

Rebecca said...

I am pretty sure Amber has tried a book that says you can potty train in 3 days or something like that. She said that it worked. I have not been able to get on FB for over 24 hours. It says it is doing site maintenance. Can you get on?

Celeste Ferguson said...

ya I was able to get on. But it does that to me from time to time. It did it yesterday for a while. Ya Amber is the one that told me she had that book, and then some other parents I have had in my preschool classes have done it as well.