Saturday, February 27, 2010

Dr. Seuss Storytime

So, I am a big fan of FREE EVENTS for my kids. We have a strict budget, and I like to do fun things with the kids. Unfortunately, I can't pop out money left, and right. So I like to find fun things for them to do that are free. Several stores actually do free kid's activities during the months. So when I found out Target was having story time, I took advantage of this. :) Dr. Seuss's Birthday is coming up in March. So Target, and Read Across America put together story time at all the Targets across the USA. I have to say--I was really quite impressed. They got to read several Dr. Seuss stories with the employees, they did games, activities, and each of my kids got a reusable lunch sack with: stickers, pencils, fruit snacks, goldfish, and a juice box in them. Tyson, and Addy got a free "cat in the hat" hat. (Preston just got one from school for his Dr. Seuss Day) They had books, and movies you could purchase. The movies were on sale--always a plus. Then they gave us a website with free downloads, and activities to go along with Dr. Seuss. I'm an avid children's book lover, and love Dr. Seuss books. So this was really a neat experience. I appreciate the people in our community who do these fun things for kids. It's a great way for them to learn, and have some new experiences. Here are some cute pictures...

I only took one picture at Target, I felt kind of stupid. People were looking at me like I was a crazy camera lady! LOL!! :) I have to also boast a moment, several of the employees complimented me on how well behaved my children were. One lady said "I have never met such quiet listening, well behaved children." I thanked her, but was thinking "If only she knew. " Oh well, it was nice to hear. :)

No comments: