So here is another “Addyson potty training story”!! (Please bare with me as I blog about my adventures in Potty Training over the next several weeks, months, years…who knows!! This is my way to vent.) We haven’t consistently started Potty Training Addy, but we do talk about it. . Sometimes she acts like she really wants too, other times not so much. So I haven’t wanted to pressure her. So we have kind of let her “take the wheel” on this one. Well we were out running a ton of errands yesterday, and ended up at Deseret Book. Clint was doing an exchange, and naturally I end up looking around. (I love book stores—especially the kid section) Well I found this one:
I sat Addy on my lap, right there in the middle of the isle, and read it to her. Then I just had to buy it. So let me share a few little excerpts with you.
“The Princess says, “Hear ye, hear ye, I have to pee-pee.”
g
“Little blue birds bring her soft pink toilet tissue to wipe herself.”
“The gentle forest creatures help her wash her hands with warm water, and strawberry soap.”
“Now the Princess and the potty can live happily ever after.”
I would love to tell you, it was magical, and Addy is automatically potty trained. Although, I think the Fairy Godmother skipped my wish. Oh well. The book comes with a tiara, and sparkly stickers to put on her tiara each time she goes. She did earn one sticker, then tore the tiara to pieces trying to get it off. We will keep trying.

No comments:
Post a Comment