Saturday, December 18, 2010

12 Days of Christmas--Day #6

Christmas Symbols Scavenger Hunt.

My plans for day 6 got rained out, so I improvised. I read the kids a book that talks about the symbols of Christmas, and sent them on a scavenger hunt around our house. They found them all!! I love talking about the symbols of Christmas. I think it's paying off, because at the beginning of December Preston was telling Tyson all the meanings. Such a neat way to remember the true meaning of Christmas.

•Candle-Represents the light of Christ
•Star-Represents the star of Bethlehem, the light of the world.
•Tree-Evergreen represents Everlasting life, and points to Heaven.
•Bell-Rings to bring home lost sheep.
•Color Red-Represents Jesus' sacrifice for all.
•Bow-Tied in Bonds of brotherly love.
•Wreath-Symbolic for Eternal Love, Love comes full circle.
•Candy Cane-Shepherd's Crook for bringing lambs back to the fold.
•Santa Claus (I added him in this year)-Represents the spirit of Christmas, giving, good will to all.

After, I gave the kids a symbol of Christmas word search. (I helped Addy--I love word searches!) It was a fun activity, and something for all 6 kiddos to do on this cold, rainy night.

No comments: