Saturday, March 14, 2009

•The Barbie House•

Well, one day when my boys are older, they will probably kill me for posting these pictures. OH WELL!! So, like I mentioned before, I have been babysitting for a year now. One of the kids I babysit is a 7 year old little girl. I have felt really bad, because except for Addy's little dolls, we don't have a lot of girl things to play with. So one of my good friends called me up a couple weeks ago, and wanted to know if I wanted an old Barbie house she had in storage. I of course was thrilled to take that off her hands. I thought it would be perfect for Jaida to play with while she was here. So I ran to Wal-Mart and grabbed a couple dolls...you know the $5.00 ones. I got a Ken, Barbie, and some clothes. Then I asked Clint's youngest sister if she had anything she didn't want anymore that she would be willing to give us. So we got a few more dolls, doll clothes, a car, and some furniture. Well let me tell you--not only has Jaida played with this--but all 3 boys have been playing with it too. It actually caused an argument, because there was only 1 Ken doll, which forced me to have to buy 2 more Ken dolls. I cannot believe how well they have played with this toy. Clint doesn't care for the Barbie House, or the fact that his SONS are playing with it. I just keep reminding Clint, that it is okay. They are just role playing with them. They act out adult situations that children want to understand, and it's a way of problem solving, and communication. I also explained to him that no matter what children are playing with they are learning. That is why play time is so important to a growing child's development. Then I told him--if he didn't stop complaining about it I would make my "know-it-all" mother give him a child development lesson! (Love you MOM!!) He told me my child development lesson was sufficient. I just couldn't resist and had to share these priceless pictures of my children playing with Barbies!!


No comments: