Friday, April 17, 2009
Doctor's office's & prescriptions!
So, let me tell you the adventures of the past 2 days! Addyson has had a pretty yucky cold for a little over a week now. It started to cause oozing out of her eye. So after a week of dealing with it, I said enough is enough, and decided to take the poor girl to the doctor. So I made the appointment for Thursday afternoon. We were running late, but I wasn't very concerned about it, after all the doctor's are always running late. So we get there, check in, wait, wait, 10 min. has gone by, so we wait, and wait, and wait. Finally, after 45 minutes of waiting in the waiting room. They call us back. I was like phew! That wasn't too bad the kids were pretty well behaved. Well we are sitting in the examining room, where Daddy decides he just can't take the boredom anymore!! So what does he do? He hypes the children up!! So not only am I dealing with 3 hyper and bored children--I get to deal with Daddy too! So after another 45 minutes of waiting for the Doctor, he finally comes in to examine Addy. We find out that she has an ear infection and sinus infection. Then we also find out that Tyson is probably battling some sort of bronchial infection. So he writes 3 prescriptions and sends us on our way. Well we get to Wal-mart, the lady checks us in, takes our prescriptions, tells us it will be 30 minutes. Well I know my first mistake is that we filled our prescriptions at Wal-mart. In my defense we had to get other stuff anyway. After our 30 minute wait...and our 30 minute wait in line, we go back to pick our prescriptions up. To our surprise one of the prescriptions didn't have a name on it. LOVELY, so I am thinking to myself, why didn't you page us up here right after?! So after an evening battle between the pharmacy, the doctor, and ourselves we finally have all 3 prescriptions. Then there was today!! Tyson's preschool has to have a copy of his most recent physical and shot records for next year. They told me I had until the summer to turn all of the paper work in. Well, they changed their minds. Which is fine. They told me they had an inspection coming up and wanted to be sure all the correct paper work was turned in. So I have spent the last couple days trying to make sure everything was put together. Today they let me know that he must not have had one of his shots. No one has record for it. So I personally call the doctor's office and talk to the nurse. She told me that he hadn't received the shot yet...but that he hadn't been eligible for the shot until now. Then she told me to just come in--it will take 10 minutes and there is no co-pay. So we went in this afternoon, checked in, and waited for not 10 minutes--but an hour and 10 minutes. With 3 hungry, starving, screaming kids--I finally went and told the receptionist I would come back a different day. Then she went to figure out what was wrong. Turns out our "check in" paper got buried on the nurse's desk and she forgot about us. Nice huh? So I am just a bit frazzled!! Although, I am grateful that we have good medical care for our kids. I just don't want to go back to the doctor for a while! ☺
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Oh man, that sounds pretty hectic! I hope that your children get feeling better and you have no more reasons for the doctor!
Oh man, sounds like my life! I always wonder why one little item on my to-do list, for example "fill a perscription," ends up being a huge process and taking forever! I'm sooo glad to know I'm not the only one!! I can't imagine doing everything X 3! Hopefully no more trips back to the doctor for a while...and I hope Addy feels better!
Post a Comment