Monday, April 13, 2009

Easter Weekend

WOW!! What a fun, and busy Easter Weekend we had! We spent Saturday at Grandma Ferguson's house. All of the cousins and Aunts and Uncles were there. Grandma did her traditional Easter BBQ...and we all froze to death outside ☺ !! Then, after our BBQ, she did her big Easter Egg hunt for the kids. They got lots of great prizes, candy, and Easter Eggs. It's like a mini Christmas! We love her though and are so grateful for all she does! After, we all decided to go see Monsters vs. Aliens in 3-D! It was a cute show, and the kids had fun watching it with their cousins!! Addy was rotten during the movie--so I did a lot of up and down! Thank goodness it's a kid movie, so I think most people were understanding.

On Sunday morning the kids woke up to find that the Easter Bunny had visited. He left a trail of Eggs for them to follow, and at the end were their baskets!! Our Easter Bunny brings pretty practical prizes--so they each got some new things to wear to church, a chocolate bunny, a new shirt, and sunglasses. After they found their baskets, Grandma Dennison had more Easter prizes for them. SO MUCH CANDY!!!


We also had my Aunts and Uncles over for Easter dinner. It was very entertaining and a fun day! I am very grateful for Clint who gave us a beautiful Family Home Evening lesson on Easter and the Resurrection. This is a wonderful season, and I was thankful to remind our children of what this holiday truly means. I am grateful for our Savior, and all that he has done for us. I feel very blessed that we have the atonement. That we can spend each day trying to be the best we can be, and that if along the way we falter, that we can still be forgiven. Often times in life I am reminded of our Savior's selfless sacrifice, and think of all he has gone through for us. It makes life easier to know that he is there supporting us, and helping us along the way. This past year has been a test of my faith, and it is so nice to know he is there. I have grown closer to my Savior and my Father in Heaven. Aren't we blessed to have the opportunity to try to be like him everyday?! It reminds me of the quote..."I never said it would be easy-I only said it would be worth it." I hope you all had a wonderful Easter holiday. We love you all!! ♥










No comments: