Friday, July 31, 2009
I'm Exhausted!!! (Sorry it's long)
What a week this has been! I am very, very tired. Clint and the boys have been on their river rafting trip all week. So it's just been me and the girls at home. I am very much missing them, and don't like being separated. It has been a crazy week filled with some very interesting experiences. On Saturday, I realized I had something leaking off of my mini van. I was kind of nervous, but Clint reassured me it was probably just the air conditioner condensation, and I would be okay. He had already left for Lehi, so he couldn't really check it out. Well on Tuesday I realized it wasn't going away, and I started to get really nervous. Now, I am not the kind of girl who really deals with the car mechanics. I usually tell Clint if I think something is wrong and he takes car of it. I can drive my car to Walmart for an oil change, I can fill it with gas, but that's about it. So since it was still leaking I googled "What is leaking out of my car?". Which popped up with 18 million searches I swear! Anyway, I found one that showed pictures of what different fluids looked like. It said if you can't tell get a paper towel, and hold it under the leak, put it in sunlight to see better, blah, blah, blah. So I did this. It looked clear like water, but it felt oily. So I popped my hood, I did check my oil, I could not figure out where this was coming from. So I started reading my car manual trying to figure out what was what under my hood. So I figured well there isn't much I can do and went on my way. On Wednesday, I ran to Home Depot, and when I got out I had a huge puddle under my car. So I hurried and grabbed a napkin, got some of the leak on it, and drove to AutoZone. I told the lady "I am stupid, my husband usually does this stuff. I have a leak in my car, and can't figure this out. And my husband is in the middle of no where, and I can't even call him!" Then I handed her my napkin. I think I scared her! :) So she came out to the van, absolutely sure it was my air conditioner condensation. Well come to find out I have a tiny little hole, the size of a strand of hair in my antifreeze tank. They of course do not sell the part at AutoZone. I have to find one at the junk yard or dealership. I just looked at her like um okay...you think I am going to fix this myself? Anyway, she sold me some glue to bond the hole until I can get it replaced. So needless to say, it's not working. I still have a leak. That was the first part of the week. The rest of the week I have been non stop cleaning and organizing everything. We are blessing Kaitlon on Sunday, and I am extremely anal when it comes to having people over. This I will blame on my father. I can't stand for my house to be in disorganization. I get so embarrassed if it's messy. It's the perfectionist in me. I also think I have a little bit of OCD, and seriously it stems from childhood experiences. :) So I have spent the past 2 days doing laundry (it's even folded and put away), scrubbing all of our floors, vacuuming, dusting, organizing book shelves, and toys, cleaned the kitchen, scrubbed all of the walls and baseboards in our hallway/kitchen, cleaned the bathroom, I pulled weeds, mowed the front, and back lawns, laid down some new mulch, and decided to clean the garage. Why? you ask did I decide to do that. Well this is the reason. Clint got a table saw for Christmas from my dad. He has been dying to put it up and use it. Unfortunately, our garage has looked like this for several months now:
It has been a MESS!! No one has wanted to touch it. A couple weeks ago he said, "I really want to put my table saw up, would you come out and help me organize one night?" I said yes, but had the urge to run away! Well with the busy schedule he has had the past few weeks we just haven't had time. So I talked my brother into coming out and helping me clean, and organize it today. That way when Clint gets home he can put up his table saw. I wanted to surprise him. It isn't perfect, because it basically holds all of our storage. At least it is an organized mess now, he can put up his table, and we can walk through it now too! So between the 2 little girls, and the van, and cleaning I am very tired! I wish I could say it all stayed spotless, but Addy loves to help me. Everything I did, she was there un-doing it. So it looks like tomorrow will be another day of cleaning. :) That and my van needs a good scrub down after Tyson puked in it at the rodeo! I have to say though, I have felt a new appreciation for my husband this week. I always tease him that if I were to go away he wouldn't be able to cope, because he has no idea what I really do. I feel as though I am eating my words this week. I have felt new appreciation for him, and all he does. Like taking care of our vehicles! ♥ I love you Clint, and cannot wait for you guys to get home!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment