Sunday, July 19, 2009

What A Weekend!!!!!

We have had a very busy, fun, and exciting weekend. It all started on Friday morning. Clint took off to help his brother for a couple of days. His brother just bought a new home, and has needed help in putting in the yard! So Clint went down to help him...leaving me home with all the children! WOW!!! I can honestly say I have so much love and appreciation for my husband, and all he does to help me out around here. It wasn't bad, but it is so much easier to raise these kids when we are both around. Friday, I met my dad for my birthday lunch! It was really nice to be able to go out with him and visit. We don't get to see each other as often as I would like. Since I am the biggest Daddy's girl in the world it's hard sometimes! That was a lot of fun though! Then Friday evening my kids and I hung out and played at home, I got some cleaning done (which was kind of surprising), but nice. FRIDAY NIGHT though, that is a whole other story. Tyson ended up with a fever, it didn't last, but he did not feel good for sure! Then since Clint wasn't here, the baby decided to wake up every 2 hours. Plus, I do not sleep well when Clint is gone. I guess we've been married too long, and he is like that pillow or blanket you can't sleep without! SO I was pretty tired Saturday morning when Addy woke me up at 6:45! Oh well the joys of motherhood right?!?! Saturday was also another exciting day. My friend Shannon came over that morning. She sold lemonade slushies (Oh my goodness they are delicious!) at the end of our driveway. She is raising money, in honor of her mom, for the American Cancer Society's Relay for Life. The kids loved it. They were outside holding signs and trying to get people to stop! I am not sure we were very helpful, but we had a good time supporting her. Then Saturday afternoon Jaida and Jaxson came over, and I took all 6 kids to one of our favorite places--the Treehouse Museum! Now, don't think I did that one alone! I made my aunt come help me! :) So I have to say a big thank you to her for that! The kids had so much fun! I couldn't have done that one without her help!!! It was really fun this time. In honor of Ogden's Pioneer Days they had lot's of play activities that had to do with that. I just have to say wow! I am a big believer that children learn through their play, and what better way to teach them about Pioneer Days, the rodeo, and Ogden's heritage then this?! So I was really glad we went! After, the treehouse we came home and made sloppy joes, had dinner, the kids played house downstairs! It was cute. While I was doing up the dinner dishes I was surprised to see my husband walk through the front door. He wasn't supposed to be home until late. When he got home he had flowers, chocolates, and corn on the cob (my favorite)! He said, "I appreciate you supporting me while I helped my brother this weekend, and I appreciate all you did here by yourself, so I wanted to show you." He doesn't do that very often, so I thought it was really nice! Thank you Lance for letting him come home early! It means a lot to Clint to be able to help his family out, so thanks for letting him help!! So I got to spend Saturday evening with my husband, after we put the kids to bed! Then of course Sunday was busy between church, and all that. We did get to have a fun family BBQ! Steaks, baked potatoes, and my corn on the cob! YUM!!!!!!! We drank some of the lemonade slushie Shannon gave me! It was delicious and a great way to end the weekend. Here are some pictures!
Addy at the treehouse, she loved the babies!
Tyson riding the horses at the mock Rodeo!
Stay on that Bull Preston!!
Milking the cow--it was cool!
The Knights are Preston's favorite!
Tyson loves to play firefighter!
My beautiful flowers!! Thanks honey! ♥

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

Well you sure are lucky! Steve has been helping Lance almost everyday for two weeks and he hasn't done anything like that for me. Steve even slept over there. That was very sweet of Clint.