There isn't a better way to bring in October, and Halloween festivities then a trip to FRIGHTMARES! Preston has been begging since the spring of 2008 to go to Lagoon. We travel to Lehi quite often, and everytime we pass he pleads his case, and why we need to go. So Clint and I decided since we didn't do any sort of family vacationing or camping this year we would go to Lagoon. They were open for UEA, so we decided that October 1st would be the best day for all of us to go. Well it was a freezing 50 degrees, but totally worth it!! There were no lines to wait in, no crowds. It was awesome!! It didn't rain or snow--like it did the day before--so I was pleased! I have learned some wonderful life lessons too from this trip!! I payed $21.95+tax for Addyson to ride the little cars. She hated everything else!! We forced her to ride one of the rides, and she screamed bloody murder. I tried to put her on a horse on the carousel, and she screamed bloody murder, Clint and I took turns riding the "Puff the Dragon" kids roller coaster with her and she hated it. She tried to jump out of the tug boats. As soon as we walked back over to the cars, she hoped out of the stroller, and cut in front of 3 other children to ride. So apparently my daughter wants a car. :) I also learned there are no words that can express the feeling you have when you get to take your kids on their first rollercoaster! I loved every minute of watching Preston, and Tyson. There little eyes were just filled with soooo much joy!! They rode everything they could or that the height limits allowed. I also learned that they love watching the shows, and they sat really well. If you are going to take an infant to Lagoon on a freezing cold day, put them in tights, since they kick of socks, and booties!! I had so much fun with my husband, and remembered that I fell in love with him at Lagoon! (That's another story.) I loved that he forced me to ride-ride's I never wanted too!! They were awesome!! I remembered how much fun amusement parks really are! I have a new appreciation for Clint also. He tried his hardest to win those kids every stuffed animal they wanted. I am thankful for my friend Nila, who came and watched the kids later in the evening so Clint and I could go ride together! It was sooo needed!! We had a great time, it was an awesome family experience! I recommend going--especially this time of year! Here are my favorite pictures in no particular order--and my most favorite is our new blog header!! :)
I look good this skinny---dontcha think??? LOL!!
the monster classic cast, and my little monsters
I love this picture!!
Preston, Tyson, and "Wolf Man"
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
what a great idea to go to lagoon over uea. we drove by and i wondered if it was open. i will have to put it on my list of must-do's for next year. it looks like you had a blast!!! you are so brave to take your newborn. my babies have always been so difficult when we try to do something like that. i love the picture at the top of your blog. it is the best!!!
Post a Comment