In honor of Dr. Seuss, Preston's school did an all day read-a-thon today. The kids were supposed to bring their favorite books, pillows, blankets, and snacks. They were also supposed to dress up like their favorite Dr. Seuss character. Preston decided he wanted to be, "The Cat in the Hat". We put together this costume for under $12.00. The gloves cost me the most amount of money at $6.00. The rest of it is fabric, and sweats.
The kids were told they could bring a snack to share with the class. So last night I had this brilliant idea, thanks to a couple of Internet searches. I went to walmart and bought Sugar cookies, white, and green frosting. Then I TRIED to frost the cookie to resemble a fried egg shape. Then I used the green frosting for the egg yolk. So here are my "Green Eggs & Ham" cookies.

Preston said it was a fun day. He can't wait until next year. I saw so many adorable costumes, I am thinking this may have to be our Halloween theme this year! :)
••••••
"Today you are You, that is truer than true. There is no one alive who is Youer than You." -Dr. Seuss

4 comments:
Hey Celeste, Your family and your blog are adorable! Thanks for the invite. It will be fun to keep up with you guys a little.
Super cute! You are so creative. I love those cookies too. What a fun Mom you are!
Good job! My blog was doing the same thing not showing when I updated. I searched google about it and found something out. On my blog I have my friends blogs listed out to the side and it tells me when they posted last. It is a little different than how you have it on yours. Well it said to add your own blog to your list of blogs and the problem should go away. I did that and I haven't had a problem since. And just so I can keep tabs on it my blog will be listed and said that I updated an hour ago, then I know everyone else's blogs will show updated. Make sense?
That is SO awesome! I remember doing that when i was in school! I thought it was the best thing in the worl!! You are so creative!!
Post a Comment