Monday, March 8, 2010

FamiLY BaNnER...

This evening for Family Home Evening we did a great activity. We decided to pick a Family Theme, and make a Banner. The theme we decided would be best for our family is the scripture D&C 88:119. We discussed this scripture in detail, and really explained to the kids what everything meant. Then we thoughts of ways we could use it in our home, as a family, and in our lives. Then we wrote it on a flag, and signed it. We signed it to promise that we would try our very hardest to follow the teachings of this scripture. Then we tied it to an old pole we had in our garage. We decided that we would recite the scripture at every Family Home Evening, so that we remember the promise we made as a family. I think the kids had a really good time, and I am hoping this will help our family in the goals we have set. I found this idea in this months Ensign. I thought it was really neat...such a great idea to strengthen our family! After, we wrote letters to our Missionaries. Clint and I both have siblings out in the mission field. It was a wonderful Family night.




No comments: