Saturday, March 27, 2010

A little bit of this week....

So...this week has been pretty busy!! So this post is to catch up on what has been going on around here!! Plus, a little bit of weekend excitment! :] So here we go!! FIRST on the list, let's "potty talk" Literally. Yes, it's very descriptive!!! I took the plunge, and am happy to say, Addyson is now in panties!! The first week of potty training went a little like this: Day 1- Peed all day for Daddy. Stayed dry once Mommy got home. Day 2: Did much better, pooped in her pants. Day 3: Went to school stayed dry, used the potty every time. Got home pooped her pants. Day 4: 1 accident, and 1 pooped her pants. Day 5: Went to church, used the potty stayed dry. Got home and well you get the picture! So she is doing great going Pee-Pee. It's just the other she wont do!! I don't know why either?! She has gone before in the potty. So if anyone has any "Number 2" advice. Please share!!

SECOND...Tyson is so so funny! I am sure you have all read the funny things he tells me. So on Wednesday, he insisted that he was going to plant flowers for me. He talked Clint into going to Lowe's, and buying me flowers. He wanted to plant them in the yard for me. Since flowers are beautiful, and so is his mommy! (My little Casanova!) Clint took him. They didn't have a very good planting selection out...probably because it snowed the next day....but they did come home with 2 beautiful plant hangers filled with flowers. I had to go to a class that night, so when I got home Tyson had made me pink lemonade to go with my flowers. He is such a sweetie, and just knows how to make me feel so appreciated--most of the time!
THIRD...we have been sick again! Ha--go figure that one?! I hope that this is it, and we are done for the year!! (YA RIGHT) Preston got Strep Throat for the 2ND time this year! I can't even believe it. His tonsils were huge! I am a little afraid that if this continues, they will take them out. He is on an antibiotic, and is doing better. He has been so grumpy though! My sweet Kaitlon also was at the doctor this week. She has Diaper Rash Yeast Infection... now I will do you all a favor, and not post that picture. But let me tell ya...OUCH! I feel for her. Her butt is pinkish-red. I don't even know how to describe it. Oh it's horrible. I have to change her every hour, and I have been blow drying it (on cool) as frequently as possible. So that it will dry out, and die! She does have a prescription bum cream, but it is just horrid. Anywhere the diaper touches is red, pimply, and rashy. My poor baby girl! I have also got this spring cold thing going on, and I just feel icky!! I hope it passes soon! I made Clint give us all blessings before he went to work.
FOURTH...Friday night we went, and supported my Mom. The elementary school where she works put on a production of 'The Aristocats'. My mom is the music director. It was about 35 minutes long, but it was really cute. Those kids did a good job. A lot of them are inner city kids, and so it was neat to see the community reach out, and help them put this on. Addyson loved it. I honestly think she will be a dancer, or a performer of some sort. She loves music!! The boys sat really well too, and Baby K slept! YAY!!


FIFTH...I had enough of feeling couped up this week. With Preston, and I still under the weather a bit...and me being busy with classes all week. I had to get out of the house!! So when my Mom got home from doing some work today...Preston, Tyson, and I snuck away to see the movie "How To Train Your Dragon". It was way cute!! We had a good time, and really enjoyed watching it together. I give it 2 thumbs up!! :] Then we ran, and did some errands. Payed a couple bills, and went to buy an Easter gift for our Uncle Davey (for my Mom). We walked in the door at 9:30...I came in here turned the computer on, and they are both out! They are doing better sitting through movies. It was really a cute show!SIXTH... So I have been subbing for Preston's primary teacher. Tomorrow is the Easter Lesson, and my last week subbing for her. I just had this cute little idea for a handout. It's remembering that Easter is more then the candy, games, Easter bunny etc.. It's about remember the Resurrection of our Savior. So I got stickers with a picture of Christ on them, and put them in the Easter Egg for a handout. To remind them why we really celebrate Easter. I just thought I would share.
LAST, but not least. I did hear from my brother today! He is doing amazing!! I love to see the growth, and change in his attitude, and in his letters!! I am just really proud of him. He challenged me to bear my testimony on our next fast Sunday. I hate bearing my testimony. I just cry, and I can't get the words to come out right! I mean at least when your giving a talk, you can have it written down, and can read what you want to say. So it sounds good. He also gave me this advice, "That the most important work you can do, is in the walls of your own home." I just started crying, because it's so true! I was so very touched by the spirit of that letter. If any of you are interested in reading his letters, I usually post them on his blog Elder Dennison. I am so proud of him. He is preparing his 5Th baptism- I believe. I am so grateful for his work, and dedication.

No comments: