So this past weekend was our first annual “Dennison Family Reunion”. Or in other words, camping. My Dad kind of planned this last minute…so it was a lot of scrounging around trying to get things in order. I was really stressed about it, and not really looking forward to going. I am now eating my thoughts, words, and feelings…because it was a blast!! I took 197 pictures—eek!! I will only share a few of my favorites, and tell you a little bit about them.
This is the first time we have ever let the boys sleep in their own tent. It’s also the first time—in a long time-- we’ve slept in a tent. It’s not my favorite thing to do. Once you’ve had a camper, you don’t want anything else. The boys had fun, but were scared. They did a great job though. Addy just loved her sleeping bag, and had no other cares. The baby didn’t love it. She cried all night the first night.
We are the worst campers!! My Dad has generators so we bring all of our electronics. I think the point of camping is to leave those things behind. Oh no, not us. We had T.V., movies, Nintendo DS, our cell phones (that had no service), a laptop, and blow dryers. The kids had fun syncing up and playing the DS together.
Fishing, is a favorite of mine! I love it!! Fly fishing takes a lot of patience. I haven’t mastered that one yet. I think I love it, because my Dad does, and it’s one of those things we can do together. So the total fish count: Dad-1, A.J.-1, Clint-1, Celeste-0! Stupid Fish! :)
Rafting is AWESOME!! I think I am actually ready to take a river rafting trip. We played, and floated down the river in these tubes. We eventually got up the nerve to go over the rapids. It was so fun! We probably played on the rapids for over an hour. Preston and Tyson even got the courage to do it alone. They looked so natural out there. :) We also bathed in cold river water. We heated it, and bathed our kids in a bucket. It was hilarious! Kaitlon loved it though!
Campfire, s’mores, and family!! Need I say more?! I love being with my family. We would sit around the campfire, and just enjoy each others company. We also had spiritual devotionals each night. Which was very neat!! My devotional was about an article in the ensign. It’s an article that explains how families who’s fathers work for long periods of time, (outside the home) are blessed, and strengthened by the Family Proclamation. Since my Dad, brother, and husband all work together—I felt very inspired to share this. I think I needed it more then anything.
It was a really great trip! I am now in charge of all the Dennison Family reunions. My Dad says it’s my birth right. So I am excited for next year, and already have some fun things planned!! OH, one more thing…Callie thank you sooo much for teaching my primary class for me!! I so appreciate your help!

No comments:
Post a Comment