Wednesday, July 28, 2010

a LittLe Of ThiS, a LittLe Of ThaT…

I guess with how busy the summer got, I forgot to blog a few things! Not to mention, my new phone has a camera, and there are times I get too “snap happy” on that. So here is a little catch up post.

We got a POOL! Now don’t be too excited, because we’ve only used it once. Apparently, you have to have a level backyard to operate one of these bad boys. Apparently, our yard has no level spots what-so-ever! So yes, we filled it, drained it, and our now leveling part of the yard for it. By the time we actually get it up and running. It will be time to take it down! Fun-Fun!! :P2010-07-263 

Clint’s Aunt is raising chicks! Naturally the children wanted to hold, and play with these adorable animals. The funny thing, they aren’t so adorable after you pick them up!! They got pecked, and scratched! So I don’t believe we will be raising baby chicks anytime soon! It did make for a cute photo opp-though! Addyson wanted nothing to do with them—SMART GIRL! They stink!2010-07-262 

So my goal is to make-over every inch of my house this year! Totally Kidding. It feels that way though. Since my Mom moved we had a little extra space. We moved the boys downstairs, and separated the girls. It has been so nice! Kaitlon can finally go to sleep, because Addy isn’t bugging her! So Addyson got the boys’ old room. If you notice in the first picture the walls were bright, colorful squares. I loved it!! However, it was getting to be too much. I also didn’t feel like it would work for Addy. I set out on my quest to re-do that room. I used white paint we already had, and re-painted. My Mom left those hot pink curtains when she moved. So I put those in there. I wanted to buy Addy a new bed, but couldn’t talk myself into spending that money yet. So I took an old black bed skirt, and covered the brown wooden bed with it. I did buy her a new shelf, a comforter, and 3 hot pink Gerber daisies (from all-a-dollar). It’s still needing some work. There are some craft projects I would love to do—to spruce it up! So far it’s coming along! I will post when it’s all finished!!At the rate I’m going, it may take clear to her birthday though!!

 2010-07-265 

I don’t know if anyone ever goes to Bella’s, but I think they have some of the best Mexican Food around. We were there eating with my Mom several weeks ago, and they let the kids feed their fish. They have this huge fish pond inside, and it was fun to see all the fish come eat!! Try there food if you haven’t! If you hate it though—I’m sorry! ;) 2010-07-264

Last, but not least! Picture A is titled… “WHY YOU SHOULD OWN A DISHWASHER!!” We do not have a dishwasher, and I wash all of our dishes by hand! It takes 4-eva!!! That’s not the point though. One day I was washing dishes, and a glass exploded in my hand! Just shattered. I didn’t touch it on anything, bang it, tap it, NOTHING! It just busted. It took my hand with it too! After much debate, I decided taking 6 kids (I was babysitting) to insta-care to have it stitched wasn’t a great idea. So I basically super glued it, and went on my way. After it stopped bleeding-of course. Now I realize that was very stupid. I should have just gone, and gotten stitches. It’s finally closing up. It no longer hurts to bend my finger. And I will have a pretty scar to add to the collection. 2010-07-261 

Picture B- Isn’t that sad?? My Mom had her Parathyroid removed last week. I spent ALL DAY (I mean it too) at the hospital. In her Surgery Prep room there was this crib. It just made me so sad. I don’t even know why I am putting it on here. I just can’t imagine sweet little babies having surgery. :( It really makes me grateful that my children have been healthy, and their happy, good kids! I think I take too much for granite  sometimes. I just wanted to count my blessings!! My heart goes out to families that have to go through that. May God bless them. I did however have such a deep spiritual experience this day. My Mother, and I do not get along!! We just do things differently-I guess. My heart was so softened by being able to serve her in her time of need.  I just want to bear my testimony of how important serving others is. I haven’t felt such peace, love, and understanding for her in years! I am so grateful that I had the opportunity to just to be there to hold her hand, care for her, and help her through this. We did not fight the WHOLE time, not even once. I am so thankful for the love of our Savior. For his example. For bearing our burdens. For just simply knowing each of us. For placing opportunities in our path, so we can learn, and grow. Again, if you want to feel some really good happiness…serve someone…it’s amazing!

5 comments:

Bush Family said...

I love that you talked about service...my mom reminded me one day that that is one of the most important things you can teach your children - Is to show kindness and service to others!! Just simply taking them with you when you deliver a thank you note shows that service!
BTW I LOVE Addy's room - very cute!!:)

Malinda said...

That's a beautiful testimony of service. Very well said!

I love all of your home improvement projects. I just convinced Nate that we need a laundry room makeover. I promised him that it will make me so much more happier about doing laundry if there is some color on the walls. :)

Claudy said...

It's been a long time since I've read a post so many times. It made my night a little brighter reading your testimony:).
I LOVE the format you used on some of the pictures. I'll have to try it someday.

EmWJ said...

Last December, Cecily got her tonsils/andoids out and she used one of those exact cribs. They do it even for bigger kids so that they don't thrash around when they are coming out of the anesthesia. It was actually quite sweet to see her inside and she was excited to ride in it (on the way in). So they're not all used for sad surgeries.

Celeste Ferguson said...

Emily,
I'm glad you told me. I had no idea!! Thanks! :)