Sunday, November 7, 2010

Thankful Week # 2

#1- I am thankful for coupons, and being able to get things I want and need. (I got a killer deal on Christmas jammies yesterday, and I am so excited)
#2- Clint! I have been so stressedtired lately. I feel like I live in my car, I run from point A to point B then back again. Clint tries as much as he can to help that. However, it just isn't always feasible. Yesterday, he skipped school, so I could take the day off. It was amazing. Not only was I gone for over 8 hours of the day, but I actually got to go to Relief Society (which never happens). Then I was able to go to the Desert Star Theater, and laugh!! When I got home he was CLEANING, what?! My house was pretty clean. I wasn't thrilled about him skipping school, but was grateful for the much needed break. I really appreciate all the hard work he does for us. (He is looking for a job in Utah, please let us know --if you know of anything.)
#3- Friends!! I so appreciate friends. Even if it's just a call up to check on me, a comment on our blog, or a text, a friendly wave, or getting together for a good laugh. I have so many wonderful friends, and know so many wonderful women.
#4- Talents. I love my talents; home decorating, paper crafting, scrapbooking, singing (shh-don't tell anyone), crafts in general (except sewing), organizing (oh,yes--that is a talent), teaching. I wish I could do more talented things, or spend more time developing my talents. It just makes me happy to know that I have been given these blessings.
#5- I am thankful for the opportunity I have had to live in and visit several areas of this beautiful country. There is so much out there, some that I have never even seen. History, and beauty all around us. I have lived in Oregon, Washington, Utah, Virginia. Each place is so unique, and so different in culture. (Especially when you go from the East to the West) Sometimes I think to myself... oh Paris would be fun to visit, Africa would be neat, and yes that is true. BUT I love exploring, and seeing all the beautiful wonders that are here in the USA.
#6- Which makes me grateful for the fact that we are a free country. I am thankful to live here. I am thankful to those who fight for our Freedom.
#7- Primary Music. We just recently had a program, and I love the songs we sang. Each one was so sweet, pure, and true. I can't help but tear up. I love to feel the spirit through the music of our gospel.

No comments: