I come from a LONNNNG line of teachers. Being one myself, even though it's for the little folks, I enjoy this week of the year. I always try to make a point to my children's teachers so they know how much we love and care for them. And how grateful we are for their service to our kids. This week for FHE we made cards for our teachers. The boys' turned out so sweet. I loved reading them. (Preston cheated and wrote Tyson's).
I also had to come up with a couple cute gifts. The first one I did was for a guy teacher. (I knew he wouldn't appreciate the cute girl teacher gift.) I bought a 6-pack of IBC Rootbeer and some Boston's Baked Bean candies. Then we tied it all up cute and said: "You make my day a "Rootin'-Tootin'" good time."
Then it was on to the rest of the gifts! All the girl teachers got this cute Subway Art. I made it in Picasa and Photo Shop. I had them printed off at Costco. Then we mated it (is that a word?). I spray painted all-a-dollar pictures frames. I thought black would look the best. Then I used a very strong craft bond and glued the ribbon to the back. After it was dried I tied it into a bow so it could hang. And TA-DA--a cute gift.
I only spent $24.00 to make gifts for the 7 different teachers. So less then $3.50/per teacher. That's pretty good--at least I think! :) And a big thank you to all of the teachers out there. Your hard work doesn't go unnoticed!
Thursday, May 5, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
So cute!
Post a Comment