So it looks like we have finally "caught up with the times" and decided that we are Harry Potter fans! I have read some of the books before--but I had never finished the series. I know you all think I am crazy when I say I don't enjoy reading. It's not really the reading part I dislike. It's the always being interrupted, having to stop, mind wandering part that I dislike. Haha! So we decided we would start at Book 1 and listen to them as a family.Yes, we are cheating. We have been listening to the Books on CD. Well we have soared through them and we are getting close to the end of Book 3. That's a record for our family! I am not 100% sure how much each child has "heard", but Preston is enjoying it! The boys have loved watching the movies. And we have slowly let them see more and more. I think are stopping at The Goblet of Fire (#4), because I had sleeping buddies that night. I think we are a bit obsessed. I have planned Preston's 9th Harry Potter Themed Birthday Party-already. (His birthday is in September) And we have already decided that being Harry Potter characters for Halloween would be way fun, too! Or the fact that I told Clint the only thing I really want to do for my birthday this year is to go to dinner and see HP 7 part 2. (It comes out on my birthday).
Then I decided it wasn't just the kids. It was me too...
My Harry Potter Easter Egg!



2 comments:
it's hard not to get all caught up in the excitement. good luck with the birthday party.
I don't think audiobooks are cheating. I listen to them all the time. It's the only way I can read and do the dishes/laundry at the same time.
I love Harry Potter and it's been fun to have Ben read the books/watch the movies (we stopped at 4 too). I think we are going to listen to the first book on our summer roadtrip so the girls can "read" it too.
Post a Comment