Tuesday, March 17, 2009
♣St. Patrick's Day♣
Well, this year for St. Patrick's Day, I decided it would be fun to have a themed dinner. It's the only time everyone is home together. While Addy and Ty were napping (Preston was at school) I decorated our dining area with a bunch of shamrocks. I told the kids that a Leprechaun had come in our house and he put shamrocks everywhere. He said to keep an eye out for him, because he would be back. Addy enjoyed pulling them off.
Later on that afternoon, the kids were outside playing. Which really made this alot easier to pull off. I decorated our table and counter area. (We really need a bigger dinning room table. Not to mention a new dinning room!) I used green shamrock confetti, clover looking paper plates, green cups, green napkins, Reese's peanut butter cups, and Rollo's.
The kids thought this was so much fun!! I told them that the Leprechaun did it. He ran out of "real" gold (so sad) so he brought the golden candy instead!! I also told them...he said to keep watching other things could happen.
So I went on finishing dinner while they were playing. I made cupcakes for desert, with green frosting and green sprinkles.
We had green kool-aid to drink. (It's actually Lemon-Lime--I didn't care for it much, but the kids loved it.)
Then for dinner we had green peas, herb seasoned pork chops, and garlic-herb potatoes.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
That is so cute Celeste. I bet that was a very fun treat for your family.
Post a Comment