Thursday, March 5, 2009
ThEsE ArE ThE MoMeNtS...
I just wanted to share with you the adventures of our evening. I had a prenatal check this evening, and thought it would be a fun to bring the whole family. Then I had a bright idea: we should meet Clint after he was finished with work, and all go to dinner. I am thinking fun family bonding, as well as, a meal I don't have to cook. Right?? WRONG!! We decided we would meet at Applebee's. So I arrived first with the children. As soon as we walked through the doors, it was like a light switch. They turned into wild, starving, crazy beasts!! I could not believe the way they were acting! It was terrible. After, getting our names on the waiting list, settling the wrestling match, taking Preston outside for a "discussion", they finally seat us. Where is Clint?? Oh, he is on a ladder, still at work. So a little frazzled, impatient, and disappointed so I decided to just order for the kids. I ordered them each the $3.99 mac-and cheese, they absolutely had to have. (Even though we have plenty of it at home in a box, and it only cost .88 cents) Then I specifically ask the waiter to bring it out as soon as it is finished. Still waiting on my husband to come...I finally decided it would be best to to call Clint, and just ordered for him as well. Well 10 minutes later the waiter finally decides to come back to check on things. I ordered for Clint and myself, and proceed to wait. Well after another 10 minutes or so...whose food come out? Not the children's. Clint's food comes, followed by mine, and then the children's last. So I am thinking..HELLO?? Did I not ask for there's to come first?? You can tell it has been sitting out too. Anyway, we all begin to eat our meal, and peace seems to be restored. Well, until Tyson begins to cough. I knew it was coming...BLAHHH...he threw up all over Applebee's, all over himself, and all over me. So by this time I am in the bathroom embarrassed, cleaning throw up from myself and Tyson, and wondering if I should be committed somewhere?! I honestly wanted to roll up in the fetal position and start crying. So we all quickly finished eating dinner. Then hit the Target next door, so that Tyson and I can get new shirts so we didn't have to go to the doctor's smelling like pukey mac-and-cheese. Let me tell you about Target. I am hurrying to find a new shirt, that wont cost an arm and a leg. I am in the zone when apparently Clint tells me, "I am leaving the cart and taking the kids to the toy section." I did not hear him. Well what did he leave in the cart? My purse, my phone, my keys, my cash, my credit cards. I had a little bit of a panic attack. Needless to say, I found the cart, and everything was there! We did make it to our doctor's appointment. My blood pressure was HIGH though. I explained to the nurse our evening...then it all made sense to her why it was high. Oh, these moments, I know one day I will look back and laugh. Until then...thank goodness for stress relief through blogging! :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
You really will look back and laugh! I am laughing, right now!
Uh...I'm not laughing at you...don't think that, okay?
I have many experiences I am still waiting to laugh about ;)
Post a Comment