Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Happy BIRTHday Kaitlon!

On Friday, June 26th, I woke up to just another day! I got the kids ready, got myself ready, checked my e-mail, complained on Facebook that I was still pregnant, took the kids to McDonald's, etc... So I honestly wasn't planning on Kaitlon being born. I was really crampy all morning, but nothing that said "your in labor". Around 2:00 o'clock pm the cramping seemed to be coming more intense, so I figured I should start timing. Sure enough the contractions were about 5 minutes apart, and lasting 30-45 seconds. I called Clint, and told him to come home from work, but to stop and get his hair cut on the way home. (LOL!) I figured we had time, I was told that the longer you can labor at home when trying to do a VBAC, the better off you are. So, I continued writing down the times I would feel each contraction. I just tried to be patient, and keep doing my normal routine. I did some laundry, painted my nails, did some dishes, cried a little. Then at around 4:00pm, I told Clint I couldn't take it anymore, and we headed off to the hospital. We arrived there around 4:30, and the contractions were about every 3 minutes apart. They checked me and began monitoring me. The nurse came in and told me I was at a 3, and we discussed the fact that I was doing a VBAC. Well, that caused some problems. My doctor was out of town, and his on call doctor refused to do a VBAC for me. So our nurse had to call around to try and find a doctor that would deliver me VBAC. It did all work out, and we found one, but not without some hassle. Around 6:25 I received an epidural and went from a 5 to a 7 in minutes. Around 6:30 pm the doctor came in and broke my water. At this point I was feeling more relaxed, and was just trying to stay calm. I was very nervous that the VBAC was not going to work, and I was going to have to have an emergency c-section. Around 7:25 I was feeling more pressure, I was at an 8 pushing 9, and within 10 minutes, I was completely at a 10. The nurses had paged the doctor, but it was going to take him a minute to get there. So they held my knees shut (literally), and we waited for him. At 8:00 he walked in, I pushed 1 1/2 times, and Kaitlon was born at 8:05pm. The VBAC was successful! Both Kaitlon and I were healthy. She weighs 5 lbs. 11 oz. and is 18 inches long. I am very grateful that we had a smooth and wonderful delivery. That the doctors, and nurses were so patient and helpful to our situation. I feel very blessed, and I am so grateful that Heavenly Father has sent us this sweet little girl. She is a wonderful addition to our family. ♥ Here are some pictures of our sweet Kaitlon's "Birth"day!
Laboring...The nurses kept moving my position so that the baby's heart rate would stay up. (If it was to dip too low--too many times, she would have to be a c-section)


Her first few minutes! ♥
She was a whopping 5 lbs. 11 oz. (I guess 11.5 oz.)

Proud Mommy, with her sweet baby girl!

♥Daddy's little girl♥

The kids with their new sister (and my cousin)


BIG BROTHERS!!!


Presents for our new sis! ♥

All dressed up and ready to come home! ♥













1 comment:

Dan said...

Congratulations!!! I am so excited for you. Look at all that dark hair...she is adorable! Good luck with number four :)