Sunday, June 7, 2009

A Very Busy Weekend

Wow, where to start?!? We had such an eventful weekend. I am feeling wiped out!! On Friday evening Clint and I went to dinner to celebrate our 8Th wedding anniversary. (Our actual anniversary isn't until Monday...but we can't celebrate as easy on a Monday night) We decided since the budget is tight that we would only spend $8.00 on each other this year. So a dollar for each year. We didn't do too bad...but both of us went over. I got Clint 8 different gifts. Each gift, symbolized a memory I had of our relationship through the past 8 years. Each year had a gift and a little thought behind it. It was fun! Clint thought it was pretty creative too! Although, he was able to guess most of the 8 items before opening them. I did pretty well on my budget--I only went over by $2.00. Clint, got me a new pair of sweats--I know that sounds like a terrible anniversary gift--but I am so excited! I have been wanting to get a new pair to wear home from the hospital when I deliver. Plus, they are perfect for the summer! They are light weight and come to my knees. I think they will be extremely comfy!! Especially while I am recovering. Clint spent a little more then he was supposed--he went over $5.00. But who's counting? ☺

On Saturday, we decided to take advantage of Utah's FREE Fishing Day! We tried East Canyon Lake in Morgan, Utah. It was beautiful, but cold! Plus, fishing with 3 small children is very stressful! Addyson almost went swimming 4 times! Luckily, she didn't make it in! Then we were the silly parents who thought it would be nice weather, so we didn't bring jackets or sweatshirts! OOPS!! Tyson, Clint, and I had several bites--but no fish this time! So, so, sad! :( Oh well--we had fun bonding family time! ☺



One other very fun, exciting event happened this weekend! My dad and I finally went on our daddy-daughter date! ♥ He took me shopping to get Kaitlon some new clothes!!! I was able to get her: 11 outfits, 2 pairs of summer jammies, a little sweater, and a shirt that says "Grandpa's Sweetheart"! I just want my Dad and Mary to know how thankful I am they took the time, and money to do this for me! It really means a lot!! I can't wait to bring her home in her little pink and white outfit! She will be stylin'!
We also let the boys pick something out to bring Kaitlon when we have her. They really wanted to get her a present. Tyson picked her a little stuffed Pony. It is absolutely adorable, and is such a Tyson thing. He loves horses. Preston picked her a musical giraffe, you pull it's string and it plays a lullaby! Then, Tyson found a bath tub toy...it is a fish that looks like a cow and moo's. He said, "Dad--Addy needs to bring this to Kaitlon." So needless to say, Kaitlon is getting showered with love by the family! ♥ We are getting anxious, and excited as we continue to wait for her to get here! Okay, well I will be done now...Clint and I are watching a movie! Hope all is well! Talk to you soon!!! ☺





2 comments:

Bush Family said...

OMG you were so close to our house twice this weekend and you didn't stop by and say hi...makes me so sad:( Funny that we both went to East Canyon Reservior:) When were you there?

Celeste Ferguson said...

I left you a message about that on facebook...did you not get it? :D