Thursday, December 31, 2009

A Decade of Changes

Well New Years is quickly approaching, and it got me thinking of all the changes that have occurred over the past 10 yrs. So I thought for my memory I would quickly jot them down.

-1999 I was a JR. in High School. Cheerleading, singing, working, enjoying friends, and being social.

-2000 We moved to Utah, the summer before my senior year. So very hard, and emotional for me. I gave up lot's for that move: Cheerleading, relationships, "my" high school, a job, etc... etc...

-2001 I managed to survive a new high school, made a few very good friends, graduated, and 3 weeks later married Clint in the Salt Lake Temple. Went on a wonderful Honeymoon to California. Went to Disneyland for the first time EVER! Found a new job. Moved away from my Daddy :( *sobbing*,bought my first car, lived in my first apartment, had to have surgery, moved back in with my parents, and got a new job.

-2002 Clint and I found out we were having a baby. Decided to buy a house, got a dog, spent all of our savings on renovations, hospital bills. :) Life was fun!
-2003 Clint and I still working, and living in our home. My dad had a surgery that almost took him from us, very hard. My parents got divorced, and my Grandma (who was my best friend) died of cancer. Dad moved in with us.
-2004 Still working, living in our home with my Dad, and my brothers. Found out my Grandpa had cancer. Found out I was pregnant. Had Tyson in a traumatic birthing experience. :) My Dad and brothers moved out!
-2005 Clint decided to go back to school, so we moved to the basement apartment in my Dad's home in Huntsville. We became Landlords, and rented our home out. I quit my job to be a stay home mom. Clint bought a motorcycle!! :( We moved to Lehi, Clint had a new job. My Grandpa died from cancer.
-2006 We sold our home. Clint started school in Orem. I was home with the 2 boys, and loved every minute of our little apartment, story time at the library with cousins, being close to Clint's family. We also payed off all of our debt that year, except the motorcycle, and I bought a new couch. I had 2 other surgeries on my feet. Then Clint decided we needed to move back to Ogden so he could attend Weber State. They had a better program. So we packed up our little apartment (with my feet still in casts) moved to my grandparents home. We were going to buy this home, then Clint was injured in a motorcycle accident. His bike was totaled, and so was his foot. So after a late night emergency police call, coming to the ER, and 2 surgeries later. Clint wasn't able to go back to school, or to work. I went back to my old job full time to try, and support our family while he recovered.
-2007 We got back on our feet. Clint had a new job, I was still working, and we moved into a 4-plex. We took a family vacation to Las Vegas, which I laugh about to this day. I was pregnant, and the cigarette smoke made me so sick, and grumpy! We did get to see Elmo Live. So that made it worth it! :) Clint got a great job with the State, and we moved back up to the house we were living in prior to the apartment. My brother had moved in with us, and there was no room for all of us in this little apartment. We refinished the basement, and painted, did cosmetic renovations. Had Addyson, and got Tank.
-2008 Was a very difficult year for our family. I was dealing with some major postpartum depression from having Addyson, having a c-section, and some other family issues. Clint continued to work, and go to school. I decided to stay home again. By the summer things were going better for me. We took the kids to Disneyland for the first time--which was wonderful. Preston started kindergarten that fall, I was able to volunteer in his room. Tyson was attending the preschool at Weber State. I started babysitting, and got a small part time job for my sanity. Then found out we were going to have another baby. SURPRISE!!!
-2009 Well if you read our blog, you know what we have been up too. I started a different job part time, and am there with my kids while they attend preschool. I don't mind it, because I feel like I should be with them. Instead of away from them. I get to be involved daily, and know whats going on in their classrooms. I know there teachers on a personal, and professional level. Plus, who can't use extra money right?! :) Kaitlon was born in June. Then Clint took his new job in August. That itself has presented lot's of new trials, but also blessings.
I am overwhelmed when I think of all the things that have happened over the past 10 yrs. Some good, some bad. All filled with lessons on life, love, family, and being a better person, and being a better daughter of God. We have made, and kept so many friends. I feel blessed to have such wonderful siblings, the best in-laws, good parents, friends, and beautiful children. I have shed many tears over the past 10 yrs. Tears of joy, sorrow, excitement, happiness, etc... At times I would think "Why?". Then great leaders, or friends would be there to pick me up. Some of my favorite advice over the past 10 years is: "Sometimes in life the Lord gives us trials, and sometimes in life we have trials for others. " I am so thankful for all we have been blessed with. It will be fun to see what the next decade of life has in store for us!

No comments: