Tuesday, March 30, 2010

THE RASH

Well, you know that Diaper Rash Yeast Infection Kaitlon had ? How I took her to the doctor, and he gave her Nystatin (a prescription cream) to clear it up? Well, I believed it was spreading everywhere. I had read on the Internet that yeast could spread. It started to worry me since it had been a week, nothing was changing, and it was getting worse. Well after I taught primary on Sunday, I felt like I needed to take her to Urgent Care. I know-I know. Sunday wasn't the best day to decide to take her in, but when she woke up Sunday it was everywhere. All over her trunk, cheeks, arms, legs, hands, feet, and neck. So the doctor examined her, and decided it looked like heat rash. I agreed, but told him it wasn't going away. Plus, we really haven't done anything that would over heat her. She hadn't had a fever, and wasn't acting really sick. He reassured me that it wasn't yeast. Yeast doesn't rise, and feel bumpy. I then told him my mom said it reminded her of a rash I had when I was a little girl. I had gotten it from strep. The doctor said, "Children under the age of 3 don't typically get strep. That would be very unusual." So I told the doctor, well my oldest son has strep. He decided he would swab her, but was 99% sure it wasn't strep. About 10 minutes later he came back in to the room and said, "Well you were right it's Strep."
Kaitlon showed no signs of being sick, or feeling bad. She was a little more grumpy then usual, but I didn't feel like it was "sick grumpy". She is on an antibiotic, and is sleeping a lot. Unfortunately, her whole body is covered in little red bumpy spots.


So let it be know--BABIES CAN GET STREP TOO!

3 comments:

Claudy said...

I've been meaning to call you to ask you how it went after you left primary on Sunday. I'm glad to hear she's ok. Sometimes mommies have to teach doctors a thing or two;)

Susan said...

Oh gosh, poor Kaitlon! I'd be grumpy too! I hope she and Preston are both on the mend. Hang in there!

Adam and Kelly said...

Wow! it looks sooo painful! Poor little baby! Hope she is feeling better. It looks like roseola!