Sunday, April 4, 2010

Easter Weekend

We had such a wonderful Easter Weekend. It was Preston's school spring break so we decided to go down, and visit family for the weekend. We packed up the car, and left early Friday morning. Friday was nice. Clint and I left the kids with my SIL Amber, and went to a movie. Then we visited with her for a while after so the kids could play. It was so nice. (Thanks again Amber...we really enjoyed talking with you, and your help with the kids!) Then Friday evening we left the kids with Clint's mom, and went to dinner. (We haven't had a lot of time with each other the past couple weeks) We did some light shopping, and got to eat at P.F. Chang's. I love that place. We waited so long that we got a free appetizer, and desert. Thanks Susan for watching our kids. On Saturday we spent time with my Dad, and brother in the morning. Then we headed over to Grandma Ferguson's for the annual Easter egg hunt. Here are all the kids with their cousins. Then it was on....


They made out with tons of candy, games, and prizes!! Thanks Grandma!! Dinner was wonderful. Then the Dads went to conference, while all the Moms talked, and the kids played! We spent the night at Grandpa Dennison's house, and the Easter Bunny left some treats. Grandpa also left treats.



I always try to get the kids a new church outfit for Easter if we can afford it. Then I usually end up coordinating all of them. I know it's that OCD I have. ;) I never got to get a family picture, but we all coordinated. (Maybe next Sunday) So here are some of the kids....



We had a beautiful Easter Sunday visiting with family, listening to conference, and eating a huge Turkey lunch. Thanks Dad for letting us crash your house this weekend.


Again, I would like to be mindful of the true meaning of Easter. For the Savior's precious sacrifice, for the atonement, and all it blesses me with. It gives me peace to know that when my time has past on this earth, I can have comfort in knowing the eternal plan the Lord has given us. That,we too can be resurrected, and live with our families, and our Father in heaven again. I am so thankful for the gospel of Jesus Christ, and that enriches my life. I am so blessed to have guidance in my life, and understanding of who I am, and where I am going. I wish you all a very Happy Easter, and that the true meaning of this holiday enriches your lives as well.

1 comment:

Claudy said...

I like how the kids outfits coordinate. Very cute! My kids get an outfit as well for easter every year.