Those of you who know me well, know that I am not an avid reader. It takes me forever to read books. It seems without fail, as soon as I open them, the kids are at my feet asking for something. So I have spent the past 7 1/2 yrs. reading children's books. I have read part of the Harry Potter series. I am 1/2 way through book 4. Then I gave up, and started watching the movies. It isn't that I don't enjoy reading. I just can't seem to find the time to do it...or WANT to do it. In an effort to be a better mother...I created a list of goals for myself this year. One was to teach them better spiritually. Which I think has actually been to my benefit, not theirs. So back to the point here...I started reading this book after Addy was born. Then naturally put it down. I decided that I needed extra inspiration, and help. So I finally picked it back up, and have started reading it! YAY!

It's called:
Mothering with Spiritual Power Book of Mormon Inspirations for Raising a Righteous Family
By- Debra Sansing Woods
I have really enjoyed the scripture passages, and her thoughts on how to help your family in those areas. One of my favorite chapters is about the scripture Mosiah 4:15 "Ye will teach them to love one another, and to serve one another." She gave some wonderful advice, and I was so touched from it. One of my favorite things she wrote is that when she prays, she asks, that she can see her children the way Christ sees them. That was an extremely simple task, yet a very powerful one to me.

2 comments:
That book sounds great. I think you are such a good mom. You're always doing fun things with your kids and spending time with them. I'll need to follow your example.
I just saw this book and thought about getting it...good to know it sounds great:) Thanks for sharing about it!
Post a Comment