Sunday, April 11, 2010

What a Weekend...

First, there will be no pictures on this post. Sorry. It has been a weekend that is for sure! Let's start off with Friday night...Clint and I decided to tackle the garage. It's been pretty bad since Christmas. Ya know that's where all the boxes, and decorations get thrown in. Since it is too cold to put anything away where it goes. Also Tyson and Kaitlon have grown out of certain sizes. So I have been going through closets putting the clothing in trash bags...then throwing them in the garage. Then there is the fact that... not just one family lives at this residence. My siblings (we store David's things), and my mother are living here. So anytime they want something...well it gets pulled out, but never put back. Since it is spring (I think), I decided we could procrastinate no more! So we pulled EVERYTHING out of the garage. I made my brother, and mother buy Rubbermaid totes to replace their cardboard boxes. So what was only supposed to be an evening of cleaning--turned into 1 and 1/2 days of work. With everything my mother decided to chuck, and the replacing of the cardboard boxes, plus some old beat up furniture, a fridge that didn't work, and an old metal shelf...we took 1700lbs to the dump. Scary huh! It only cost $25.00 to dump, and I am happy to say I can walk through the garage now. It has been reorganized nicely...except Clint's tools. We were just too tired to keep going. So Saturday evening we went to my aunts in Brigham, and had a BBQ with them. My mom's whole family was there. It was fun we played Apples to Apples. I love that game!! Clint even played. Which brings us to Sunday...which is always an adventure. I was babysitting, which I love doing. So taking 6 kids (an 8yr. old, 2-7 yr. olds, a 5 yr. old, a 2 yr. old, and a 9 month old) to church alone is always an exciting experience. SO...it went a little something like this...I got called to be a Primary Teacher, said the prayer in R.S., was also the spotlight in the newsletter (which was fun), bore my testimony (since David challenged me), and managed to sorta keep the kids under control....so I decided I am good for at least a year--right? Totally kidding! ;] I am excited about my new calling...I haven't ever taught 10 yr. olds...I don't think. I have really been praying that the Lord will give me an opportunity to serve, and something that I could handle since Clint is gone so much. So I am very much looking forward to that.

2 comments:

Claudy said...

Congrats on your new calling!!!
I'm exited since it's in the Primary dept;)

Rebecca said...

I love productive weekends! I was just called yesterday to teach the 9-10 year olds. Good luck!