Yesterday was Kindergarten Round-Up. Always bittersweet for me. I love that my children are getting bigger, and it will be nice to have another one at school. It's always a little sad though, because my children are getting bigger. Okay so I am going to tell you all that I am a horrible mother, and due to the fact that I was fighting for speech services all year I have neglected to really notice if Tyson is kindergarten ready. So a few days before the round up...I sat down with Tyson, and we went through the alphabet. My thoughts, "Hello...is your brain off?" He couldn't tell me a single letter, but his letter "T". So I started to panic a bit. They want them to recognize at least 10 letters before starting kindergarten, and he knows 1!! So I have tried to sit down with him after preschool, and really get his letters going. Today this was our activity..."Sidewalk Chalk Letter Scramble" I wrote down all the letters in Upper and Lower case. Then I showed him the letter I wanted him to find. We worked on 7 different letters today, and he was able to find them all. (5 of them were his name)
I sometimes wonder if Tyson is playing me for the fool, because after I asked him to find the letters "A" and "C" he did this:

He wrote them, like he has done it a million times. Then my thoughts were, "Maybe he will pick up on this faster then I thought!" So here is hoping he's got it figured out in the next 150 days (approx.)!!
Oh and in another funny Tyson story... I took the boys to see "How To Train Your Dragon", a couple weeks ago. Well dragons have been the talk around our house ever since. I found this story a bit humorous. Tyson was at preschool the other day, when he announces to his class, "Excuse me, but when you are all done doing what your doing. I need you to come to the circle time rug...so I can give you directions about your dragons." His teachers thought this was very comical, and said the looks on the other children's faces were quite priceless. Which as funny as this is to me...it really is leaps, and bounds for Ty Ty...he has come out of his shell!
Oh and in another funny Tyson story... I took the boys to see "How To Train Your Dragon", a couple weeks ago. Well dragons have been the talk around our house ever since. I found this story a bit humorous. Tyson was at preschool the other day, when he announces to his class, "Excuse me, but when you are all done doing what your doing. I need you to come to the circle time rug...so I can give you directions about your dragons." His teachers thought this was very comical, and said the looks on the other children's faces were quite priceless. Which as funny as this is to me...it really is leaps, and bounds for Ty Ty...he has come out of his shell!

No comments:
Post a Comment