Sunday, April 18, 2010

Saturday = Fun Day

008026

Have I ever mentioned how much I love having daughters? Not that the boys aren’t great…there is just something special about being a Mom to little girls. So since the boys were headed to the Gun Show on Saturday, I decided I needed some Mommy-Daughter time. Yes, I do realize that they are 9 months, and 2. And they really have no concept of what we are doing…but I needed it! We got to spend the first part of Saturday going to lunch, and doing some shopping. I wanted to go get pedicures with them, but I thought that it would be nearly impossible given their ages. I love these sweet girls, an pray every day that we can stay close as they grow up. My Mom and I aren’t close. I miss that bonding time.

Saturday afternoon we met up, and went to Clint’s brother’s house for a family game night. So how many of you have ever seen the show “Minute To Win It” ? I personally have never watched it, but my SIL Rebecca put together several of the games from that show so we could play. We only had 1 Minute to complete each game. We drew names for whom would play what (smart thinking)! We had so much fun!! Clint is not a big game player, but he had a BLAST! So here are some of the pictures of various games. I don’t know the names of them all, but if you want to check out how to play the games head on over to the website. If any of you are in YM/YW’s I think these games would be awesome for a joint activity!

002005 This one was hanging 10 nails on a string, without letting them fall.006 This one was moving a cotton ball from one side of the table to a cup, using Vaseline as the transfer agent.016 017 This one they had to stick 10 nuts on top of each other using one hand, and a skewer.

020 024 031029 I wasn’t so good at this game, but you had to use your face muscles to move an Oreo cookie to your mouth. 032 This one you had to stack so many cups and take them down in a Minute.037 042 This picture is hard to see, but you had to blow up a balloon and knock 18 cups of the table with your air from the balloon. 044 I enjoyed the sorting M&M’s. I did it in 23 seconds. We cut the amount, and time in half. So I had 7 seconds to spare!! YAY! 047 049 This game was keeping 3 balloons in the air for a minute. It was a blast. We had a great time, and enjoyed all the food!!! :) Then the sister in laws went shopping, and we left the guys at home (with the kids)! It was so nice to do that, we had fun!!046

This is just a cute picture! We have really had fun getting together with Clint’s family, and miss hanging out with them. So this was a really nice evening. Thanks everyone! :)

No comments: