Tuesday, August 17, 2010

the craft bug bit me…

More of Addyson’s Room001 002 004

I made these magnets for Addy’s room! I just took a scrapbooking flower, and added a magnet to the back. I think they are really cute and fun. They go well with Addy’s room theme. The flowers were $2.99, and they came with the brad. I already had the magnets. So it was a cheap, easy, and fun project!003 

I also made her a little name block. I cut the vinyl with my cricut machine. I found a block of wood in Clint’s wood pile. I sanded it up, and painted it black. I had all of the supplies and embellishments for this project. Except the paper. Which cost me a whopping’ $0.59!! I like the way it turned out!! 008

Preston & Tyson’s Reward Jars005 006

Oh, MY!! My kids have lost all control!! I don’t know if it’s because  Clint is gone, or if they are bored, but we are SO ready for school to start!! I decided I needed to do another reward system again! So we are doing something called: “3 Strikes, You’re Out”. I heard about this system, and kind of tweaked it to fit our needs. So far, it’s been okay. So we made a list of “not so new—but forgotten” rules. The kids can earn gems, depending on their behavior. If they get a strike they loose a gem. They also have the chance to earn 2 extra gems in a day. 1 for not getting any strikes, and 1 for doing their chores. Once they have filled their jar, they are rewarded with a prize or treat.  I bought these little jars at Hobby Lobby for $0.99. I also bought the little gems, in two different colors. I cut the vinyl with my cricut, and put their names on the jars. I really hope this works!! :)007

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

Way cute! How fun, I want to do something crafty!