Saturday, September 18, 2010

Catchin' up...(the past couple weeks)

-I have been so stressed lately, and I think it has to do a lot with the new schedule that this year brings me. The KINDERGARTEN schedule make me nuts. I am sure we will survive-- we always do. In the mean time though, it has caused major headaches. I think I even have stressed myself sick! I spent the past weekend, and 1/2 the week in bed with Strep Throat. We are pretty sure I had tonsillitis with that too. I have never had it that bad before. I couldn't do anything. So I had 6 kids (yes, I was babysitting for 5 days strait) and strep! EEk. Not so fun. I am feeling better, other then this leftover cold, and just figured I would try and do some journal/blogging.
-We went to our first Cub Scout Pack Meeting. It was very fun. I spent the majority of the time in the hall with the "out of control children". I felt like such a looser Mom for Preston. He didn't have a uniform, and I wasn't even in there to enjoy the time with him. I think next Pack Meeting I am bringing our Portable DVD player, and locking the other 3 in the nursery.
-Later in the week, a friend of mine gave me not 1, but 2 cub scout shirts. I was so excited! I couldn't bring myself to pay $40.00 for a shirt! So now Preston will have a uniform! YAY!
-We inherited a new dinning room table. I am so excited about it. It's old, and could use some refinishing (another day), but I cannot wait to sit around the table and have dinner with my family!!
-Kaitlon has FINALLY started walking. (I will have a separate blog post with this, once I get around to it.)
-My kids are so excited for Halloween, that we decorated the back door early. We almost have all our costumes too!
-One of my favorite things about teaching, is making up fun bulletin boards or doors. I just had to take a couple pictures of some fun things I did for the classroom. Right now I am working with the babies. #1-So I could be with Kaitlon (she's moved on now, though), and #2-So I don't have to work full time. It can be challenging to do things with little ones. This is what I came up with though...
I love the story Chicka Chicka Boom Boom. So I created the door to look like the front cover of the book.

The horses are the babies hand prints, and I made the cowgirls with my cricut machine.

No comments: