We are preparing for baptism in this house right now. I am so excited, and can't wait to share that day with Preston. My brother, David, who is serving a mission sent a letter home for Preston. It really touched my heart, and I broke down into tears reading it to him. I just wanted to share it, the message behind it was so uplifting. And so perfectly written for an 8 year old to understand.Preston,
Hey Buddy. How are you doing? I can't believe you are turning 8. Well you already have, but it's so awesome you have chosen to be baptized. I'm so proud of you kid. The choice you are making now will bless you the rest of your life. Your Heavenly Father is so proud of you, for the choice you are making now, that you are going to enter the waters of baptism. You will get the gift of the Holy Ghost and have him with you to help you make good choices. Your baptism is making a promise to God. Like God does with every promise, he gives us blessings, this one is the Holy Ghost. Preston, I am so so proud of you. You are so lucky to have the chance to be baptized at 8. I baptize people who are older, like Mommy's and Daddy's. They haven't had the gospel in their lives, and they aren't happy. Then people introduce them to our church, they get baptized, and find that missing happiness. The whole reason I am on my mission is to help people do what you are preparing to do. You are becoming a big kid now, and have to make sure you're choosing the right. The Holy Ghost can only be with you if you are being good. So make sure you listen to your teachers, help your Mom and Dad, and be a good kid. I think you should make spiritual goals for your life, even though you're young. Like to serve a mission or graduate from seminary. You will remember your baptism day the rest of your life. I still remember mine. The warm tingly feeling you get, well that's Heavenly Father and Jesus telling you they love you, and are so proud of you. That what you're doing is right. The bad guys are going to try to make you feel bad, and not be happy. But the good guys will always want you to choose the right. So make sure you are on the right side! That way you can be happy, and be close to Heavenly Father.
I love you, Preston. Choose the right!!
Love,
Elder/ Uncle David Dennison

1 comment:
That's so sweet and made me cry too! Preston is so lucky to have such an amazing uncle:) Tell Preston Congratulations on such a wonderful choice as being baptized and we love him too!!
Post a Comment