Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Last Weekend of August, and our Lazy Labor Day Weekend

I am really falling behind here. Here is a little catch up.
The last weekend of August brought excitement and craziness, as my life usually does. We spent Saturday the 28th in Lehi, running around doing errands, babysitting, Clint's 1st day of school, at a Birthday Party, and a Bridal Shower. Yes, that was all in one day! It was a pretty exhausting day. Then after my SIL Bridal Shower, a few of us spent the evening cutting out 250 boxes. They're thank yous filled with Hershey's Hugs & Kisses. They turned out fun. It was also fun to visit, and get to see how the Cricut Design Studio works. (I gotta get one of those!) Then Sunday the 29th was fun, relaxing, enjoyable...UNTIL... the basement flooded. :/
Okay, so it wasn't that bad!! It did however leave me with one HUGE mess. It was bad enough that in my moment of panic and crying, my husband ended up calling some Brethren in our Ward to come help. THANK GOODNESS, too! It ended up ruining lot's of the carpet padding. Which had to be taken out. Then I had to dry the carpet with fans for 3 days, it made it nearly impossible to get anything done around here. I am so grateful for awesome ward members. Especially those who go out of their way to help me when Clint isn't here. It really means a lot. A big thank you to them.
Due to the basement mess our LABOR DAY WEEKEND was a bore! *Yawn* Friday & Saturday left Clint re-laying padding. With him so busy doing that, Mommy had to keep the kids away. We tried to find something to entertain ourselves with. The best we could do was an afternoon movie, and lunch with Grammie. The children enjoyed the movie. However, I spent 3/4 of the movie in the hall with Kaitlon. Which made me grumpy, and tired. I don't think I will do that again for a while. After a quick Saturday dinner, Clint let me sneak out to see a movie with my brother. That was a nice break. On Labor Day, we didn't do anything. We just caught up on laundry, dishes, and housework. It was a very boring, but nice day. Our carpet is back together again, too!!

No comments: