
My friend, Susan, requested that I explain how these are made. So this post is for her! They are very easy and fun to make! You will need a 2x4, craft paint, scrapbook paper, vinyl, sandpaper, mod podge, a hot glue gun and any embellishments you want. It all starts with the 2x4!! I had Clint cut mine so they were; 8 inches, 7 inches, 6.5 inches, 6 inches, and 5 inches tall. Then you paint them. Craft paint works the best. I decided white would be the best for this project. When your paint has dried, trace each block on it's piece of scrapbook paper. Cut the paper out. Lay a medium-thin coat of mod podge on the block and put it's paper on. After it has dried, sand the edges. (This also allows any extra paper hanging over to be sanded off.) I use my cricut machine to cut the vinyl lettering, but I know lots of people sell vinyl lettering now. You can always have someone cut the letters of what you want. Put the lettering on each block, then mod podge again. Once it has dried then you can embellish using your hot glue gun. I use buttons, ribbons, flowers, and other things. I always think that is the fun part. They really don't take more then 2 hours to complete. They're cute and cheap to make! I hope this helps. If you have any other questions let me know! :)
1 comment:
Thanks, Celeste!! I love them! Now I'll just have to find a reason to make some! They seem very versatile and could be done for any holiday or occasion, or with kids' names. So cute. Thanks for sharing!
Post a Comment