Sunday, March 20, 2011

Our Week...

Wow! This week has been a doozie! I am not even sure where to begin.

Clint did work this week. Yay! However, he is not full time yet. They can't bring him on full time until all their certifications have come through. This has absolutely nothing to do with Clint, it's just how new businesses start. So things are still not normal around here. It's kind of frustrating. I am glad that he has a job, but I am so ready for him to work the 9 hour day then come home. You know...like a normal life?! Yes, normal. That would be nice. Since he isn't working full-time we still do not have a full-time income coming in, so I have been pulling crazy hours again at work. I am exhausted, more then usual. I think the stress of all of this is catching up with me. (But I guess I have been saying that for a while.)

We did have some fun this week, though.
Monday: We were busy! Work. School. An appointment. Then I found a killer deal on a dress at the Down East Outlet in Ogden. I am really starting to LOVE that store. It was on the clearance rack for $7.00. So I tried it on, loved it, checked out, and it was an additional 20% off. I only paid $5.98 for it! That was exciting.
Tuesday: Work. School. Cub Scouts. Babysitting. I hate loading all 6 kids in the car to take Preston to scouts. Just to come home and unload. Then turn around and do it all again in 45 minutes. It's really annoying! Since the weather is warming up (hopefully) I think we are going to make this our Tuesday routine; Take Preston to scouts, hang at the park! It's so close to his scout leader. It was so nice to get the kids out of the house too! We played tag--and even I had a blast!Wednesday: Oh, that day was fun! NOT!! One of my co-workers didn't show for work. Which meant they had to cover her. I spent all day at work--literally. I even had to pick Preston and Tyson up from school and take them back with me. Which never happens. Oh man! I was tired. After work, I had to help a friend pick some things out for a project, so I didn't get home until 9:30pm.
Thursday: Same thing...work. School. St. Patrick's Day! We had a little Leprechaun visit our house. He got green paint all over my floor. I haven't even mopped it up yet! He left the kids little pots of gold chocolate and green candies. The kids all got to wear green and have class parties. We had broccoli cheese soup and homemadeLee's made green oreo cookies. (Don't judge---please. I really wanted to do festive green food. I was even going to make it. It just wasn't happening this week!)




Friday: More work. School. Craft Night!! Okay, so that project I was helping my friend with...turned into craft night. Some co-workers came over and I was able to teach them how to make those cute blocks. The ones with scrapbook paper and vinyl. She was making them for a baby shower gift. They turned out adorable. With everything we made for the baby shower...we were up until 2 am. I am too old to stay up that late! It was a lot of fun. Her blocks turned out great and so did her other projects. I didn't have a chance to finish mine until Saturday, but I still loved the way they turned out. I am addicted to those things. I think I am going to be making more!!
Saturday: Relax. Well sort of. I had a huge mess to clean up from craft night. I babysat. Then we spent Saturday evening searching for white bunk beds for the girls. I hate how expensive furniture is. I just don't know what to do!! Spend a little more for better quality and cuter style VS. Cheaper and uglier. It shouldn't be that big of a debate...but in my head it is!
Sunday: Church. Babysitting. Catching up on this blog of mine. Can't wait to watch a movie and lay in bed!!

No comments: