Monday, March 14, 2011

~Subway Art~

I hadn't ever really heard of Subway Art until my friend, Shannon, posted about it on our Mommy Blog. Then I started seeing it everywhere! I thought it was fun, different, cute, and that it couldn't be that hard to make--right?! So I sat down and attempted to make my own. With St. Patty's Day this week--I figured I would go with that theme. I read a TON of tutorials on how to do these. Some used vinyl while others used a program like Photoshop. After some quick advice from Shannon--I was able to create mine using Photoshop and Picasa. I had to use photoshop to create the background. I just did the background in white for the first attempt. There is a great tutorial on how to do that on this blog. Then I was able to create all the words, fonts, and sizes in Picasa. Since I created it in Picasa it saved as a picture and I was able to print it out. (I was out of photo paper--but that is the best way to print them.) I found a cute frame for $2.00 and some cute green ribbon for $2.00. For more Subway Art ideas check out this blog. There are some WAY creative people in this world!! :)

1 comment:

Claudy said...

I love Subway art!