Sunday, May 10, 2009
Thoughts on being a mom...
Since today is Mother's Day, I have just been reflecting on the past 6 1/2 years of being a mommy. Nothing in my life has been so challenging, yet so rewarding. I haven't wanted anything in life as much as I wanted to have a family of my own. I am grateful that each day I get to wake up, and care for these sweet children that my Heavenly Father has sent to me. Eight months ago I was taken back to discover we were receiving another. I kept thinking, How can this be possible? Why now? I am not ready. As the months continue to go on, I have felt a bond already. I cannot wait to have this sweet little girl here. I have loved the opportunity to hold my babies in my arms for the first time, and to kiss there sweet little faces. To know that they are here for a purpose, that there is a great plan for their lives. I have always felt like I was here to make a difference, that I could teach, direct, and strengthen little ones. So that they could be better, so they could make a difference, and influence our futures. I have had that opportunity in my career. Although, I have a tendency to forget that I have that opportunity each day. Sometimes it's hard to think of a mother's purpose between homework, laundry, throw-up, diapers, dinner, endless activities, and more. At the end of the day when they are peaceful and sleeping I remember why I am here, and what a great work I am doing. Is there any blessing greater, then being a mother? I am thankful to the women in my life who have set great examples of motherhood. Who have inspired me, and reached out there hands when I have needed. I am especially thankful to my Father in Heaven, who gives me the strength to make it through each day, and guides me to teach my children correct principles. I am thankful for my children, because without them, I wouldn't be a mother, I wouldn't have these beautiful blessings. So HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!! ♥
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment