Thursday, June 18, 2009

She's hanging in there!

Clint and I went to the doctor today. It was just to basically check the progress of things. Kaitlon is still head down and we are perfectly aligned for delivery. The doctor told us a VBAC at this point is very possible. There is only one down fall--if I want to try for a VBAC, I have to let nature take it's course. She will need to come on her own. So he won't induce labor. He explained to Clint and I, that after a c-section, induction is more harmful to the mother and baby. Inducing labor also increases the risk of uterine abruption. He said if we wanted a scheduled birth I would just have to have a c-section. So as things are standing now, I am just going to wait it out. We feel that it would be better overall. I am 50% effaced, but I have not yet dilated. So if I don't start dilating soon, he will just take her c-section. So it's bittersweet--we wanted to try and have her at the end of June, but we are just going to keep on waiting. I am just grateful that she is healthy, and all is going well. We start seeing the doctor weekly, and actually go back on Monday. That was the only day he had available. So hopefully we have some progression. Oh, I forgot to mention, she is weighing 5 1/2lbs. I think that was pretty close to last time. So I think she will still be small. Clint is certain that she wont weigh more then that at delivery. I still think she will weigh in the 6's. I guess we will see! Besides all of that, I am contracting more and more. They are coming more frequently, but not consistently. I just keep thinking, "Is this it?" I am trying to be patient--but these last few weeks are the worst. So much anxiety! I have had to take a sleeping pill to try and get good rest, unfortunately, they aren't working that well. So I am done with that. I guess it is just preparing me for life after the baby comes. ☺ Then other then the normal exhaustion, and the feeling of discouragement that comes when I try and put on my pants, I am doing well. I can't wait to have our sweet baby here! I will keep you all posted! ♥

1 comment:

Susan said...

Hang in there! I remember those last few weeks... but we know it's worth the wait in the end!! I'm thinking about you!!