Friday, August 21, 2009

1st grade: Here He Comes!!

First Day Back to School Pictures, Images and Photos
Yesterday, I took Preston to his Back to School Night! I can't believe he is in first grade! Where did the time go?? He is starting a new school, because of a boundary change. So yesterday was a little nerve wracking for him! We found his new class, his new desk, and his new coat hook! We got to meet, and talk with his new teacher. He also got to make himself while we were there! (It was a little paper doll Preston) There are lot's of kids in our ward, neighborhood, and stake in his class! So that was really exciting to me!! Then lot's of his other friends are in the other classes, so he will be able to play with them at recess! This will be the first year he will be eating at school. I don't know why that is so emotional to me! (I am crazy-I know) So I made sure he knew where the cafeteria was, and we talked to the lunch ladies! They were really nice, and made me feel comfortable about it all! I am planning on signing up for the PTA again this year. The PTA Presidents are in my ward, and I think it will be a blast! I also signed up to be a room mom, and help with parties!! I love helping in his classroom, and since we have so many kids, it's nice to be able to go spend time on Preston for a couple hours. It helps us bond! :) I am so excited for him to start. He is learning so much, and getting so smart everyday! He was reading all of the posters in the classroom. I just couldn't believe it!!! Good Luck this year Preston!!

No comments: