This evening, while mowing the lawn, I received a call from my husband. I answered rather excited in hopes that he would be home soon! He starts the call out like this: "Hey honey, I had a little boo boo at work." In the back of mind I am thinking oh he is calling to tell me that he broke something while trying to fix it, and he will be late coming home! Then he continues, "I was trying to fix my lawn mower. I was trying to put the belt back on, and my finger got stuck, and I cut it, it's bad." NOW let me just interrupt this story to give you a little bit of "Clint History". He likes to joke around. He finds it hilarious to call people, and tell them he has been hurt. He has done it to his poor mother who knows how many times. He has also done it to me. There have been a few instances where he wasn't joking though--but sometimes I am not sure. SO...back to the story. I said to Clint. I don't believe you, and it's not funny to lie about this stuff. Then I made him swear, and promise. After that I started to ask more questions. I swear when he was talking to me he said I cut it 3/4 of the way off. He said he told me 1/3-1/2. (Which is how far it cut.) After, talking with him a while more. He told me he was being sent to the Hospital for Workman's Comp. So I decided to meet him up there, #1: For moral support, and #2: So I could take pictures and blog about it. (Aren't I just the best wife ever? LOL) Well when I got to the hospital Clint was already admitted, and into a room. We waited, and waited, and waited, then the Doctor came in and decided it would be best for Clint to have x-rays. The x-ray came back clean, but there is a little piece of metal next to the bone. They couldn't remove it, but did remove some of the lawn mower belt. Then the funny part! When Clint is in severe pain, he laughs. He doesn't like to cry! So while they were numbing Clint, he was laughing, and shaking. It almost seemed as if he were in labor. But oddly enough, it reminded me of a damaged "Tickle Me Elmo" (sorry I am a mother). Anyway, they finally got his finger completely numb after 2 tries. Then they stitched it...he got 4 stitches on his actual finger. He would have had probably another 4, but they don't stitch on your finger nail. He also asked the doctor to teach him how to stitch. Which the doctor did, so that kind of has me worried. He is on IB profen, and an antibiotic. He will be fine, he just has to sleep with it elevated. I just had to share this little story! It's been 3 years since we have had to go to the Emergency Room with Clint. Last time it was much worse so I am grateful he is okay! The funniest thing out of all of this is that he has already given his 2 weeks. In his last 2 weeks of this job then he gets injured, and has to go have Workman's comp. take care of it. Leave it to Clint!! :) I love you honey! I hope your finger feels better soon! 


I know this picture is awful, and I shouldn't have posted it. Please don't take offense, we were just trying to get a cute picture of it all wrapped and bandaged. He does look cute with his little boo boo! :) Poor guy! (Of course it would be that finger too!)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment